Thread: Finally Took Picture Of My Kit!

User Info Menu

Default Finally Took Picture Of My Kit!

Took these pictures a few months ago before I had my Pearl Eliminators, and my PDP X7 Kit with DW 9000's (Love them to death, but they're not really mine, a friend lent them to me for a while because he broke his leg.)

The tom angles are a little dodgy and I have changed them since then. The same with the cymbals.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Last is my bass reso head, Percussion Plus: The Pearl Masters of Beginner Kits.

User Info Menu

Forgot the specs!

Drums

10x9 Standard Rack Tom
    12x10 Standard Rack Tom
    14x12 Standard Floor Tom
    22x16 Standard Bass Drum
    14xAnything from 5-5.5-6 (Haven't properly measured it, and there is no standard size for snares.)

Cymbals

14" Planet Z Hi-Hats
    16" Planet Z Crash
    18" Planet Z Crash/ Ride
    20" Planet Z Ride

drums-rock Guest

wow thats quite a nice kit

User Info Menu

Wow your restoring my faith into cheaper kits!~ :> Woot :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Cheaper kits are only good if they are around $500AU, any less and you've got a piece of junk. However if you go over that say $800AU then you've got yourself something like my kit, something that will last a while and will give you what a beginner CRAVES, decent projection, cheap wood that isn't bad at all, more than single ply drums. Mix this with good tuning and you've got yourself a kit that is better than a few lower class intermediate kits.

User Info Menu

My first kit was a percussion plus too! mahogany wood and sounded nice with the pin stripes. Nice one Roger.

User Info Menu

How do the planet Z's go?
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Nice. But is it just me or are your cymbals a bit high?

User Info Menu

If they are they are only a lil. Its not far off the tom line from where i have mine normally.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

proof that a beginer set doesnt have look like a beginner set. the angles on the first group are weird but look better in post #3. looks well thought out and setup.

User Info Menu

pretty nice kit mate

User Info Menu

Roger, that looks like a nice kit. A lot of good drumming can go on there, dude!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w View Post
    How do the planet Z's go?
    The Planet Z's crack easily if you have no cymbal technique, and once you get some technique they still crack...a little less easily, none-the-less they are cheap cymbals (I'm guessing cheapest Zildjian line.) and they can be fixed for less than $25. However the higher quality the cymbal the more Billy Hyde charges you, the same with the size but the price doesn't change a lot from if you're fixing a crash for $25 and then get your Ride fixed for $30.

But if I was dealing with cymbals like the Zildjian A Series they would charge me about $50, I don't know why but when I was buying my cymbals I over-heard them talking to someone who wanted the cracks cut out of their cymbal, it was a PIASTE Rude cymbal if I remember.

And as I've said, I agree with the people who think my tom angles are a little bit weird, I clanged them without knowing for the outside picture without knowing really because I didn't play it outside. The same for the inside pic except I played that a lot I was going through a thing I do every so often and change around my drum-kit, decided that I should change the height considering it had been at the same height since 2005 and I've been growing. But I've found better tom angles now

The cymbals aren't that high for the angles I put them on, but I have lowered them since and put them on a little flatter angle.

User Info Menu

Not bad at all my friend.