Thread: Old Mapex Double kick

User Info Menu

Default Old Mapex Double kick

I have an old set of what appears to be Mapex P800 Double Kick pedals. I picked them up the other day with an old Pearl wood fibreglass kit. Basically cost me nothing so that's what I was expecting but after playing with the pedals for a while I'm finding them comparable to my Iron Cobra's. Does anyone know anything about these pedals that they can share with me as I am having trouble finding any information anywhere on the net about them.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Old Mapex Double kick

Can't say I know much about them, but congrats about finding a quality set of pedals for a low price.

User Info Menu

Are you able to provide any pictures of them? If you like, I can probably pick the brains of a good mate of mine that works at a drumstore over here in Sydney (he's local to me), he's been in the drum retail biz way over three decades, deals with all the distributors, small and large companies etc, so if anyone knows his gear, he would. If you find it hard to post pics up on here, you can always private message me and I'll see what information I can rustle up. Cheers matey!.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Thanks, I have some photos of it here

User Info Menu

Any pictures? I've got a couple older catalogs. I might be able to find some specs on them.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Wow thats an oldie, just a single pedal then a separate double add on. I have not seen one of those for quite some time.

User Info Menu

Stumps me..

Welcome to the forum anyway Bob
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Never seen a design like that!

User Info Menu

That's pretty cool. Still looking for my 1992 catalog, but I believe that exact pedal is in there. Axis uses the same design idea for their double pedals. It's actually an offset single attached to another single, which makes it non-parasitic like most double pedals. The catalog describes it as a "slave unit" but that's not technically correct.

I can't find my brochure. I've posted it on another forum... Ok, I'll post the page that deals with pedals. It doesn't have any info on them, but the catalog is from 1992, and it's international. So that gives you an idea on the age of it. Sorry for the large size, but it's only one page and it becomes useless if you downsize it.

"Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post
    That's pretty cool. Still looking for my 1992 catalog, but I believe that exact pedal is in there. Axis uses the same design idea for their double pedals. It's actually an offset single attached to another single, which makes it non-parasitic like most double pedals. The catalog describes it as a "slave unit" but that's not technically correct.

I can't find my brochure. I've posted it on another forum... Ok, I'll post the page that deals with pedals. It doesn't have any info on them, but the catalog is from 1992, and it's international. So that gives you an idea on the age of it. Sorry for the large size, but it's only one page and it becomes useless if you downsize it.

Yep. I remember seeing these around when I had been a younger player with a couple of years playing under my belt. Pearl, DW and a few other brands used to have a 'slave unit' that you could buy separately to add to a single pedal, plus you had that crazy looking left beater with the bent shaft. Companies like Danmar used to sell those kind of beaters....in fact I've got a wooden one just like that somewhere in one of my parts boxes!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8