Thread: Cubase YES or NO ?

MeisselDrums Guest

Cool Cubase YES or NO ?

What do you think of Cubase?
    Or which recording programs used and preferred you?

MeisselDrums

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cubase YES or NO ?

Haven't used Cubase, however I use both Pro Tools and Reaper and can recommend them both. Cubase is held in fairly high regard I'm pretty sure though.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

i have both reaper and cubase... for me reaper was way easier to dive right in to. it's easy to customize... just easier all around. But it's all personal preference. They're both great DAWs.

User Info Menu

I have Cubase LE 4 & 5.

I like it. I don't have much to compare it with, but it has done well for me.
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

I have a lot of time in Sonar, Cubase and Ableton. Cubase is by far the most versatile and powerful. I like Abletons workflow better, but it lacks some features that I consider essential (multi monitor, plugin delay compensation). Sonar (which I started with when it was Cakewalk for MS-DOS) was my favorite until I wanted decent notation capabilities, at which point I moved to Cubase. I played with Reaper some when it first came out. It's a great basic program. I haven't used it a anytime recently though.
    -> Drumkat Turbo, Pintech kick, Alesis DM 10 module & Surge HHat, Roland FP-7 hat trigger <-

User Info Menu

Ableton, without a doubt.
    Too Much Stuff.

User Info Menu

I LOVE Reaper.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Abelton the best I have ever used .. I have been writing music since pro tracker on Amiga 20 years ago

User Info Menu

It depends on what your goals are. I have been a Cubase user since version 3. I am used to it and it does everything i need it to do. It is a great product in my opinion, but i am used to it.

That being said, if i were planning on getting into it as a profession then pro tools is your best bet, most pro level studios use pro tools, at least here in the US.

I personally will be recording a CD partially in a pro studio and partially in my home studio. I will be moving to Pro Tools just to make this process easier.

Cubase does have more features for less money.

At the end of the day, look at what you are going to be using it for and that will help you decide.

You can get great results from any DAW software once you get used to it.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

I've been using Cubase LE for a while now and I really like it. I was using Audacity before it, so the learning curve was quite high and a little frustrating at first, but once you get to play with it for a while, you will love it.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

I used Audacity cause it was free and wasn't too crazy about it. Now I use nothing.