Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deal or no deal?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Deal or no deal?

Good choice my man... good choice! I know you won't be disappointed!
    -Tama Granstar II (12x11, 16x16, 22x16)
    -Yamaha 7000 Series (12x8, 13x9, 16x16 22x18)
    -Crush Sublime E3 (12x8, 16x14, 24x17)
    -Pearl Mixed Series kit (8x7, 10x8, 15x13, 20x14)
    -Brady Jarrah Ply 8x14
    -HHG Purpleheart/Cherry Stave 7x14
    -HHG Red Birch Stave 7x14
    -Pearl Masters MCX 5.5x14
    -Pearl Steel (Pre-Sensitone) 6.5x14
    -Pearl Vintage Professional Series 6.5x14
    -Tama Imperialstar Seamless Steel 6.5x14
    -Tama Soundworks Maple 6.5x14
    -Premier (African Mahogany with Beech Re-rings) 8x14
    -Remo Bravo II 5.5x14
    -OCDP Maple 6x14
    -Crush Aluminum 5.5x14
    -Crush 10 ply Maple 6x14
    -Trixon Birch 5.5x14
    -Wuhan Traditional Cymbals
    -Paiste 2002, 602,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysticks View Post
    Good choice my man... good choice! I know you won't be disappointed!
    I haven't got it set up to play,hell I am still changing heads.I'm slow today. He didn't have a chance to get new heads so he met me at GC today and I picked up some Evans Hydraulics/G1 for the toms and a Gmad for the Bass. I can already tell this kit is going to be awesome sounding and all I have done are the 14" FT and 12" but comparing it to my Yamaha kit,the Yammies are a few steps behind.
    I'm close to having the kit set up,just been dragging butt all day thanks to my wife. I did change the heads on the snare and I am not liking it. I will likely use my Pearl snare on the kit since I like how it sounds and use the Yamaha snare as trading material for a new ride. I have 4 snares and am looking at a different snare anyways.I want an OCDP 7x13 Maple snare. They seem to be pretty nice!
    I wasn't fully sold on the kit at first as you can see the price was an issue,but when he seen me post on face Book that I was looking at a different kit,he called and wanted to add to the deal and added Pearl Icon 503c rack with 10 clamps including the corner ones.I'm impressed with this rack since my Pearl rack doesn't adjust in height.Was a pain for me to put together since I haven't had the pleasure to set one up. I was going to switch racks with my Yamaha kit,but it's to much work for an old man with a bad back LOL
    I'll have some pictures soon of the kit. I want to get it up and playable before I post any.I will probably have to use one throne on 2 kits until I can afford to spend the money on one. I have about $1800 in the kit with the new high hat and snare stand I bought today along with the boom arms I needed and overbought by a few Also looking at getting a Holy China.I had one but it came with a crack so it went back to GC.One of the few times they have let me down on letting a cracked cymbal slip by.
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Since I am not buying the 16" floor tom,I have a black Ludwig Rocker Maple 16x16 floor tom I am going to eventually stick behind the kit so I can justify the use of space I am taking up in the dining room of my house. My wife is about to beat me silly LOL It's black but since I only play at home,only I will know it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn76 View Post
    Since I am not buying the 16" floor tom,I have a black Ludwig Rocker Maple 16x16 floor tom I am going to eventually stick behind the kit so I can justify the use of space I am taking up in the dining room of my house. My wife is about to beat me silly LOL It's black but since I only play at home,only I will know it.
    Well, not quite. You just went and told all of us here
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Well, not quite. You just went and told all of us here
    oh man the secret is out. I'll have to photo shop the pictures and make the 16" FT the same color.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Not done yet. But I guess I can show you the progress of how things are coming along. I just threw it together this morning,I have not sat behind it and actually gotten stuff in place where I want them at.Click on the pictures for the full size picture.

Snare that I am going to use as trading material. Just don't like the sound.I have to find out what it's worth first before I can trade her off.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

This was the mess last night/this morning.My wife was after me to clean it but I was way to tired yesterday. A you can see,the badges are not facing out on the toms but I will fix that when I change heads again someday. Not much space between the 2 kits.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Looking good!
    Thanks! It's a work in progress. I know where my old Zildjian projection ride is sitting.I liked that ride so I am going to try to buy it back today.

User Info Menu

Here's is what it looks like done and put together.

Cymbals are 15" and16" Xplosion Crashes (16 is a fast crash) 19" Zildjian Projection ride Hats are 14" Paragon hats 20" HHX China 12" AAX Splash.
    I stayed with the Yamaha Oak Custom snare on it. I was playing around with the tuning and found the sweet spot.Kit looks good and the sound is just awesome. I will have this kit for many years. My son likes it so has used it a few times today.

User Info Menu

Lookin good!
    -Tama Granstar II (12x11, 16x16, 22x16)
    -Yamaha 7000 Series (12x8, 13x9, 16x16 22x18)
    -Crush Sublime E3 (12x8, 16x14, 24x17)
    -Pearl Mixed Series kit (8x7, 10x8, 15x13, 20x14)
    -Brady Jarrah Ply 8x14
    -HHG Purpleheart/Cherry Stave 7x14
    -HHG Red Birch Stave 7x14
    -Pearl Masters MCX 5.5x14
    -Pearl Steel (Pre-Sensitone) 6.5x14
    -Pearl Vintage Professional Series 6.5x14
    -Tama Imperialstar Seamless Steel 6.5x14
    -Tama Soundworks Maple 6.5x14
    -Premier (African Mahogany with Beech Re-rings) 8x14
    -Remo Bravo II 5.5x14
    -OCDP Maple 6x14
    -Crush Aluminum 5.5x14
    -Crush 10 ply Maple 6x14
    -Trixon Birch 5.5x14
    -Wuhan Traditional Cymbals
    -Paiste 2002, 602,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysticks View Post
    Lookin good!
    Thanks. It's taking some getting used to it. I am so used to a big kit and it shows while I play the smaller one. I try to hit an air drum or cymbal LOL
    My wife is getting a little upset that I have pretty much cut access off to part of the dining room but she'll get over it.
    I am selling the Ludwig Epic snare to a friend in need,He's starting out and has a cheapo snare.I have already sold the 18" Zildjian A China I had and a 17" AA crash to him and gave him a few stands and a bunch of sticks and heads. With the money from the Snare I am putting it towards an 18" crash. I like the 18" crashes in front of me or maybe I will go with a 17" 18" combo on it.I have time to figure that out. But it is coming along nicely.I have to get new heads for the 16" floor tom and thinking of picking up a set of 6",8" Tama Timbales. I got a feeling this kit isn't going to stay small.I am pathetic or wait no addicted

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn76 View Post

Snare that I am going to use as trading material. Just don't like the sound.I have to find out what it's worth first before I can trade her off.
    I had that exact same Yamaha snare...............didn't care for it much either.

Sold it on ebay for $270 plus shipping. I've seen them go used for anywhere between $250-$300.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    I had that exact same Yamaha snare...............didn't care for it much either.

Sold it on ebay for $270 plus shipping. I've seen them go used for anywhere between $250-$300.
    I decided to keep this snare.After using it and messing with the tuning,I am satisfied with the sound. I sold the Ludwig Epic snare just a little while ago to a friend in need. Was hard to choose but I want a different color of the Epic snare so since I was going to get another one,might as well sell it I while I can.I sold it for the $200 I had in it which after new heads and snares and shipping and tax I was close to that.

User Info Menu

Looking really good man!
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumRookie View Post
    Looking really good man!
    Thanks!