Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hardware case

User Info Menu

Default hardware case

I am wanting to get one of these. I get tired of the multiple trips back and forth loading in/out. I have cases for the drums and brass. Now I would like a case for hardware. Looking for some suggestions. Need something big enough for, say 5 stands (including a heavy duty boom stand, bass pedal (double), and a few extras.

User Info Menu

Default Re: hardware case

I picked up an SKB wheeled hardware case a few years back on Craigslist for about 50 bucks. I use it for cymbal stands and such.
    A few weeks ago I picked up a wheeled case from Wal Mart for stuff like cables, and small hardware. Look around and Im sure you can fin a deal.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    I was just getting ready to suggest that. My dad has also used a hard golf case and it worked great for him.

User Info Menu

I bought this Gator hardware bag after helping my drum teacher load up after a gig. It made it so easy that night, and I have really been happy with my own. It holds 4-5 stands, plus it has side compartments for pedals and floor tom legs, etc. It also has a compartment on top for small things. Basically, it's a hardware bag on a dollie.

Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Pick up a used hockey bag, that's all I've used for years.

User Info Menu

i play lots of gigs per year , i need good protection so i got anvil flight cases for my whole set , i have a hardware case on 4 wheels thats big enough to carry all my stands , small rack, and pedal and still a little room to spare, then i have a case that carries my kick and cymbals , and another case for my 3 toms and snare.. my whole set gets moved in 3 cases , makes loading and unloading fast and easy...
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by atomcorr2 View Post
    i play lots of gigs per year , i need good protection so i got anvil flight cases for my whole set , i have a hardware case on 4 wheels thats big enough to carry all my stands , small rack, and pedal and still a little room to spare, then i have a case that carries my kick and cymbals , and another case for my 3 toms and snare.. my whole set gets moved in 3 cases , makes loading and unloading fast and easy...

Sounds kind of heavy. How much does that weigh? When I go to gigs, I almost always go alone and I tend to get there before everybody. So I tend to at least load in on my own.

User Info Menu

I don't know whereabouts in the world you are (USA? Europe?) but here in Australia we've a good company called Ragone that manufacture drum, cymbal and traps cases. I'll get a picture of one up soonish. One set of my Ragone cases (including the traps case) I've owned for probably 20 years of continual gigging, recording and travelling, they've haven't let me down yet.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    I don't know whereabouts in the world you are (USA? Europe?) but here in Australia we've a good company called Ragone that manufacture drum, cymbal and traps cases. I'll get a picture of one up soonish. One set of my Ragone cases (including the traps case) I've owned for probably 20 years of continual gigging, recording and travelling, they've haven't let me down yet.
    +1 on Ragone. Awesome cases.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkPrince View Post
    Sounds kind of heavy. How much does that weigh? When I go to gigs, I almost always go alone and I tend to get there before everybody. So I tend to at least load in on my own.
    all the cases have wheels , i roll them up and down the ramp of the truck . very easy, i put the kick case on top of the hardware case and wheel them right in, in 1 trip then wheel in the drums, im sure they are not for everyone ,but for my situation they are perfect, they protect my kit totally,
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I bought this Gator hardware bag after helping my drum teacher load up after a gig. It made it so easy that night, and I have really been happy with my own. It holds 4-5 stands, plus it has side compartments for pedals and floor tom legs, etc. It also has a compartment on top for small things. Basically, it's a hardware bag on a dollie.

I have one of these Gator bags.
    Works very well for me.
    Holds about 100 pounds of hardware.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Travel golf bag, there is another thread on this.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

The golf bag looks like a good option. I will be pricing those. Thanks for the input guys!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Appreciate the shout out, Slingy. The golf case is still serving me well. Holds all my stands, tool box, cow bell, and sticks. I bet it weighs 100 lbs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Appreciate the shout out, Slingy. The golf case is still serving me well. Holds all my stands, tool box, cow bell, and sticks. I bet it weighs 100 lbs.

How many stands do you average? When I'm not using my rack, I generally take three to five stands with me, not counting snare and hi hat stands. Also carry a smaller tool box and sticks of course.

User Info Menu

I generally take three to five stands with me, not counting snare and hi hat stands.
    Wow that can get pretty heavy if you're lifting it by yourself. I carry about that much in my Gibraltar rack bag but it has no wheels and carry it up and down ramps is a pain. My next Gibraltar hardware bag will be like what Pastor Bob posted whic is this:

User Info Menu

It's not really the weight that bothers me. It is the multiple trips back and forth to the vehicle! If I'm gigging a lot and have a vehicle that will accommodate, I generally don't even break my stands down. Up until recently, I didn't have bags for the drums either. So it was multiple trips of carrying two things at a time. THAT gets stale in a hurry.

User Info Menu

It's not really the weight that bothers me. It is the multiple trips back and forth to the vehicle! If I'm gigging a lot and have a vehicle that will accommodate, I generally don't even break my stands down. Up until recently, I didn't have bags for the drums either. So it was multiple trips of carrying two things at a time. THAT gets stale in a hurry.
    Wow..I saw a drummer haul his drum shells in the orginal boxes the kit came in. The cardboard was all busted up, looked unprofessional. My issue is my back. I can't put too much stress on my lower lumbar section...

User Info Menu

Understand your pain, Late. I usually have to sit down a couple of times during load in/out.

User Info Menu

carrying that much wheels are a must to me, im young and healthy but carrying 3 stands, hihat stand and snare stand in a bag is killer- i played some gigs last year carrying that in an ikea bag (well double bagged so it didnt rip), so that it would fit in my guitarists small car (my hardware bag was a big thing)

since, ive bought a protection racket case, with wheels, and even a suitcase stlye pull out handle, cant recommend it more! still heavy but the handle and wheels make it ok once out of the car
    Its not what your playing, its what your playing

User Info Menu

Guys, can you post pictures of some of your cases? As I said, most of the time it is just me alone, so this has to be something I can put in and take out of my blazer or pick up by myself.

User Info Menu

TDP, here's another thing that I use to cut down on the number of trips. Mine's a RocknRoller multi-cart. More than just hardware, I load drums, etc. Saves my back, and trips.

Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Bob, this is one of the first things I thought of. Years ago, worked as a grocery stocker. We had these long carts that were low to the floor with high handles on each end, much like the pic you posted. We could stack quite a few cases of groceries on them. My questions for this one are...

1. Does it fold up and/or collapse?

2. How heavy is it?

3. What did this set you back? (if you don't mind me asking)

User Info Menu

Good questions.

1. Yes, it folds into multiple configurations, with one or both end rails laying flat, so that it can end up as a platform on top of the wheels. The "bed" rails also slide in and out of each other to extend or collapse the length of the "bed" from 35"-52". I got a light duty cart with a capacity of 500 lbs.

2. It's not too heavy, but I would rather roll it than carry it. Lifting it into the car is not a big deal. The curb weight is about 30 lbs.

3. I got mine a few years ago, and it was somewhere around $150-$160. For me, it has been worth every penny in decreased back pain.

Here it is loaded:

and here's what it can do: