Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: country music

User Info Menu

Cool country music

How many country music drummers are out there and if so what are some of
    your favorite songs to play

User Info Menu

AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

User Info Menu

hey pink floyd it's not the same old country they rock now .

User Info Menu

Phil I play country music, though I've played mostly rock, funk, and jazz over the last 20 years. My favorite songs are anything with some of the singers I like, like Brian White, Martina, Diamond Rio, and Toby Keith. Lately, I like Keith Urban and Allison Krauss.

I think thunderdome plays in a country band too.

User Info Menu

hahaha ....sorry phillip i couldn`t resist .just pulling yer leg mate

User Info Menu

I have played alot of differant types of music from gosple,blues,country and
    southern rock . I enjoy almost all of it but Ican't get into the heavy metal.
    maybe I'm just to dang old .but II hear what some of the drummers are doing and Ithink it's fantastic

User Info Menu

Yeah, I just can't bring myself to country, but to each his own...LOL!! Yeah, the metal drummers are rockin out!! Getting so fast on the double bass is just awesome.
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

country music.... yuk!

User Info Menu

Cool country music

ZAR99 I don't think that a persond has to like every thing thats done but Ido think that if you close your mind to other types of music then you limt your
    yourself so pick and choose what you like but keep your mind opend you might just learn something it's all about the music anyway nomatter if it's jazz,
    blues, gosple rock, or country. I JUST LOVE TO PLAY thanks everone and keep rocking

User Info Menu

I HATE COUNTRY!!!!!!! the ONLY music for me is rock, hard rock, heavy metal, oldies or "oldies rock classics." anything with the word rock or metal in it is for me. I do like 1 country artist, and thats Johnny Cash. But thats not anything like country today, its more like rockish country. And that falls in the catagory of "oldies."
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Like any other style of music....there are songs that suck and songs that rock

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillip latimer
    ZAR99 I don't think that a persond has to like every thing thats done but Ido think that if you close your mind to other types of music then you limt your
    yourself so pick and choose what you like but keep your mind opend you might just learn something it's all about the music anyway nomatter if it's jazz,
    blues, gosple rock, or country. I JUST LOVE TO PLAY thanks everone and keep rocking
    I very much agree with this statement. I prefer rock but open my ears to lots of styles and even practice to some.
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

i still hate country. nothing will change my mind.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lezzledrummer
    i still hate country. nothing will change my mind.

I second that motion!!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

I'm sorry but country never really appealed to me and still doesn't. I rather be poked in the eye with a broken drum stick than be forced to play a night of County Music. It would really have to be on very short notice and for a heck of alot of money. I probably won't do it at all. I want to have fun playing not be depressed.
    Last edited by Timer; 08-09-2006 at 03:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer4Him
    I second that motion!!!!

I third that motion... lol

even though I made that motion........ oh well

-Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer4Him
    Yeah, the metal drummers are rockin out!! Getting so fast on the double bass is just awesome.
    You can play double bass in country. (Course, you'll probably be out of a job the next night).

User Info Menu

I recommend lots of double bass in the slow ballads.

User Info Menu

i presume i h8 all country based on wot litle iv heard so r ther ne songs u can recommend for a metal addict to at least b able to stand listnin to?i feel lyk i shud try a bit of evrifin, but country jus seems like a closed book to me, there must be sumfin i like tho!

User Info Menu

Default Re: country music

I have heard that if you learn to play country songs in reverse, you'll get your wife back, your money back and your dog might even come come again. Sorry. I'll get me coat.

User Info Menu

I was just like all you guys that commented, but there is a big demand for modern country, to me it's basically rock with a twang. I recently joined a country band and I have to tell you a lot of the songs can be really challenging when it comes to all the breaks and changes the songs have. Don't knock it till you try it.

User Info Menu

I'm with you Spider

I've been playing modern country for the last couple of years. We also throw in some old outlaw country, rock, blues, and southern variety like Van Morrison, CCR, etc.

Good paying gigs, great venues/festivals, appreciative crowds, and the music is both challenging and fun to play.

To each his own I guess ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderjig View Post
    I was just like all you guys that commented, but there is a big demand for modern country, to me it's basically rock with a twang. I recently joined a country band and I have to tell you a lot of the songs can be really challenging when it comes to all the breaks and changes the songs have. Don't knock it till you try it.
    Yep.

User Info Menu

My wife listens to lots of modern country. I think most if it sounds like the producer hired a 2nd tier rock drummer to play on the track.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Man I never thought I'd see so many country music hating musicians. When I was young I hated country. But now that I'm older I can chalk it up for just not giving it a chance and appreciating it for what it is.

I'm quite the opposite of most of you as I really like the modern country music as opposed to the old stuff. I'll take Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan, Kelsea Ballerini, Brothers Osborne over the old school artists any day. Although I do recognize their place in country music history for sure. I don't care that it's country lite or whatever people want to call it. But I can't say that I've ever played to it or been in a modern country band but I wouldn't be opposed to it. It's hot stuff right now. And just like when I was a DJ, I have the most fun when people are on the dance floor and having a great time.

You're not going to see that with modern metal LOL. Talk about a genre I can't stand now.