Thread: I Saw An Interesting Drum-Kit Today

User Info Menu

Default I Saw An Interesting Drum-Kit Today

I went to Billy Hyde to buy a few sticks and what-not. And in the corner I saw this beautiful vintage drum-kit that Billy Hyde had put a new set of hardware on and re-wrapped. It was going for 2-3 grand if I remember. (Might have only been 1 grand.)

Specs: 24x14, 13x9, 16x16. No snare drum included.

I'm actually thinking about buying it, I have no idea why but it was almost like love at first sight, I have no idea how I will afford it. I'll probably sell my Percussion Plus kit and my PDP X7 and then some to afford it.

Do you think I should go for it? Or stay with what I've got?

BTW: AU Prices
    Last edited by Roger; 08-19-2007 at 01:11 AM.

User Info Menu

Vintage is always good..... VERY GOOD :P And vintage kits are worth a mint.

But if your happy with what you got. Dont sell two kits to get one incomplete one....... If you got the money for it. You were ment to buy it. If you cant you cant.... It could still be there when you do have the money as well .
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

It could still be there, guess I'll save up and see if it's still there in a few months. I tried it at the store, great sound, the floor tom was extremely deep, the bass drum straight forward with a few over-tones that could easily be taken care of by a pillow, the 13" tom sounded...like a bigger 12" tom to be honest.

User Info Menu

I don't find it very good idea...
    Sure the mirage kits seems very beautiful and have good sound but you have 2 good kits!