Thread: First National Radio Play!

User Info Menu

Default First National Radio Play!

Hey Guys, so stoked about this!

Weve been played on a local radio show (BBC Stoke Introducing) quite a few times now,, and been there for an interview on air, and through this we had chance to go to an event (around 200 bands were going) where loads of national radio DJ's would be there. Unfortunatly me and guitarist couldnt make it cause were so bogged down with uni and placement, but our singer (who is great at networking) could go and gave a load of singles out....

Well, we got tweeted by the DJ (Steve Lamacq) saying he played our track on his show on BBC Radio 6 Music, he'd been playing 1 song each day for that week from those from the event and ours was one of them!!!!

Listened to it on the iplayer and were in between marvin gaye and genesis, could be worse company eh! :P
    Its not what your playing, its what your playing

User Info Menu

Default Re: First National Radio Play!

Nice one. What's your band called? I'll keep a listen out for you.

Edit: just looking on the 6 Music site. Is your band The Vibe? That's on the "Music Played" list between Marvin Gaye & genesis.
    Last edited by Dodeska; 03-30-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Awesome, congrats!

User Info Menu

yes that's us, I'm only on my phone at the moment but ill post some links tomorrow from my laptop

User Info Menu

here's the links:

http://thevibeofficial.com/

http://www.facebook.com/thevibeuksite

https://soundcloud.com/thevibeuk

Have a listen and let me know what you guys think

User Info Menu

Nice sounding music! Sounds to me like a cross between U2 and The Cure. Congrats on the air-play!

User Info Menu

What late8 said. Cool!

User Info Menu

Great music! Very nice.
    PDP MX Series Drums, Zildjian A Custom cymbals, Tama Simon Phillips Gladiator Signature snare, Roc-N-Soc throne.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Nice sounding music! Sounds to me like a cross between U2 and The Cure. Congrats on the air-play!
    +1, Exactly what I thought of when I heard the 1st song too. Congrats Gottdonn thats some impressive drumming. Good luck.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Cool Re: First National Radio Play!

I just checked it out it was good kept my daughter home today and she heard it she liked it 2 Congrats!!

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the kind words guys! really means a lot to hear all your guys thoughts

Between our group we all listen to slightly different music tastes, but still have an overlap, and i guess thats where our music falls

Finishing off another couple off songs at the weekend that we started a few weekends back (fitting it around my final year uni, singer and guitarists placements, and the producers bands tour), cant wait to get back to them and hear the finished thing