I couldn't find the old thread so I will have to start a new one.
I have been using the Regal Tip Death EX sticks now for a few months and I have been very impressed with them.I gave a few pairs to a few other drummers I know and they were impressed with how they felt.
The weight is just perfect,feels like they are just slightly heavier then a 5b and the finish is perfect.I rarely drop sticks now and no pain or cramps in my hands since I switched over.I still do my stretches but there were a few times I didn't and was able to play for over an hour.
Regal Tip sticks don't have the best reputation for lasting long,but I have not broke one stick since I started using them and they are holding up better then the Vater sticks I used to use.I have been using the same pair for 2 weeks now and I think I can still get another 2 weeks out of them. I always liked Regal Tip sticks but it was getting a bit expensive buying them since I was going through them so fast.That was when I was using the 5b X series Nylon tips.
If you are looking for a different stick to use,give these a try.They are about $9 plus shipping if you can't find them local,but they are worth it.
If I was rich I'd buy a pair for everyone here who wanted to try them out.I did try a pair of Vic Firth 5B American Classics and didn't care for them and also Pro Mark Millennium II 5B sticks and they were to slick for me to grip.I picked them up last week with some store credit I had just to see if there were any other sticks that would stand out above the RT sticks.
I had 5 or 6 pair 2 months ago and still have 2 pairs and 1 stick left so I am good for 1 more month.My son took a pair to use for his lessons and uses them at home for practice.