Thread: shell polish

User Info Menu

Default shell polish

i saw some shell polish at my music shop and was wondering if it is worth it. does it work??

User Info Menu

Default Re: shell polish

I just use pledge on mine.

User Info Menu

i use guitar polish on mine ,, i also have used pledge. both work well .
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Guitar polish here, too.

User Info Menu

I use guitar polish too. I would guess there would be little to no difference between guitar polish and drum shell polish.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Ive used Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845 - its the same wax as the big Electric Companies us on their high voltage insulators to help prevent electrical arching from foriegn substances that fall onto the insulators. The wax is phenomenal for putting a barrier betwen the wood or wrap and the "environment" - be it cigarette smoke/tar & nicotine...dance floor wax, dance floor 'cornmeal', dust etc. It makes a great looking lacquer finish look 'better' and it lasts a long time.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!