Thread: New Ahead cases any good?

User Info Menu

Default New Ahead cases any good?

Hi fellow chatters, recently Ive had to pack up my drumset and was looking to keep my set in cases to protect it from scratches and dings. After many failed CL buying attemps ive decided to go new. I looked at hard shelled cases and they can cost alot, then i stumbled upon the new Ahead cases. They seem very well made and the price is fair, also they make cases to fit FAST tom sizes (which is great because its a Pdp set).

I was just wondering if anybody who owns them could chime in and tell me their thoughts on the cases.

Thanks guys!

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Ahead cases any good?

i dont own one , but i did get to check one out . they look very nice and sturdy . if the price is within your budget ,id say go for it .
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

I have a set and they are excellent. They give great protection all round and are really easy to get the drums in & out of too. I would have no hesitation in recommending them.
    Last edited by Dodeska; 05-17-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Hmm, 2 layers of foam, fleace lined, and zippers that make getting the drums in and out easier; they look like very nice bags.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Fantastic cases. Well built, tons of protection, and they make putting your drums in bags so easy!!!!!
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dodeska View Post
    I have a set and they are excellent. They give great protection all round and are really easy to get the drums in & out of too. I would have no hesitation in recommending them.
    Good recommendation right there.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Well it looks like Im picking these up! Thanks guys!

User Info Menu

if i were looking for new cases , these would be what id buy . i really wouldnt call them a bag, but not a hard case . kinda like a semi-hard case . they look very well made . the large hardware case looks very cool with lots of room,and nice wheels.
    Tamaholic