Thread: Trying to power a storage unit-practice space w/ no pwr

User Info Menu

Default Trying to power a storage unit-practice space w/ no pwr

my band found a good spot to set up shop for practice in a storage unit (theyre cool with it lol) but theres no outlets. i know about inverter generators, they are just expensive, and i really dont want to run power off a car. anyone got any ideas?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Trying to power a storage unit-practice space w/ no pwr

You will never get enough power out of your car for a band to play. You will probably need to get a generator. If all you needed was a little power you can put one of those screw in outlet in the light socket but not for a whole band to play. You can always just go acoustic, lol.

User Info Menu

Find a proper practice spot. Anything you do in the storage unit will either be exspensive or a major fire hazard.

User Info Menu

What if your car runs out of battery? How will you get you and your bandmates home?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

You could always size down your practices. Play on an electric set (Or one of those pearl rhythm traveler sets-basically anything that's not extremely loud) and use exclusively roland micro-cubes for amps (vocals/bass/guitar), they run off of batteries. They aren't too expensive and its always nice to have a small portable amp anyways; they can also get pretty loud if necessary.

User Info Menu

what do you figure will be your anticipated amperage needed ?
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.

Herosyndrome Guest

I also know of places that will rent generators out. It may be a little pricey though...

User Info Menu

I might catch some heat for this but...find the nearest street light/stop light/etc. theres a panel on the side...tap in and have at it..run a heavy gauge chord w/a 4 way box...enjoy