Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scoring a rarity... a RIMS Purecussion Headset for...wait for it...see story below...

User Info Menu

Default Re: Scoring a rarity... a RIMS Purecussion Headset for...wait for it...see story belo

I had a tuneable set... both rotos and purecussions stretch a mylar head across a metal bearing edge, with no shell

Thus, the sonics are largely the same

User Info Menu

Default Re: Scoring a rarity... a RIMS Purecussion Headset for...wait for it...see story belo

Well, should it fail to satisfy, simply crate it up and ship it to the Bahamas.

all the best...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Nice score!

User Info Menu

Cool score DD, I always wanted to mess around with those, but never have. Would love to find a decent used one, especially for the price you paid

User Info Menu

on the tunable sets, do the use standard replacement drum heads? i just scored one of these kits on ebay and am now worried about being able to change heads.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Ludwig centennial natural 11 piece
    Gp jungle natural 4 piece
    Yamaha dtxpress3
    Saluda cymbals
    zildjian a customs
    Sabian aax

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by carbohydrate kid View Post
    on the tunable sets, do the use standard replacement drum heads? i just scored one of these kits on ebay and am now worried about being able to change heads.
    the tunable sets eventually were labelled as "NE" models, which meant that, yes, they can be used with any head

just watch your tensions as the little silver "levers" can eventually crack... i still have my extra bag of parts from back in the day

User Info Menu

Played a couple of those sets back in the day.
    The toms were OK ,but the BD was too flappy sounding.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

heres a few pics of mine.
    i managed to get the bass drum sounding pretty good with a superkick 3. i put evans hydraulics on the toms and do not like them. will swap them out soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Ludwig centennial natural 11 piece
    Gp jungle natural 4 piece
    Yamaha dtxpress3
    Saluda cymbals
    zildjian a customs
    Sabian aax

User Info Menu

I don't remember these at all! But now I want one!

User Info Menu

Baptism by fire on one of these kits for me . Back in '92 I had to play one of these at a church . They had it set up behind a plexiglass shield and just one overhead mic. The gig was mostly keeping time but the kick drum on this made it hard . If I hit it light it sounded ok but the volume was VERY low . And when you dug into it all you got was flop . And it didn't feel solid under your foot . A 16" juggle kick stuffed with pillows would have been better . When you hit the toms they had tone but very distant and when you gave them a good whack they sounded sorta like a roto but just not as defined or as loud . So all I could do was just keep time on the snare and kick . That was not a fun gig because of the kit . Nobody in the band was happy about it but we were guest in that church and we showed respect . A couple of cardboard boxes would have been better ! To me it's more of a novelty kit and in my case not very useful on a gig . You'd be better off with one of those ****tail kits that seem to be popular now .
    Anyway that was my experience with the kit .
    Rudy .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    ..... one of those ****tail kits that seem to be popular now .
    Rudy .
    My bad for using that word...maybe I should have said "Martini" kits .
    Rudy .

User Info Menu

Hi everyone

I have a PureCussion RIMS NE in good shape which I don't use anymore. So if anyone is interested, please PM me with your contact information.

All the best

User Info Menu

A couple of people posted that they own these types of purecussion sets. I picked up a set with the case, but cannot find any documentation, especially how to best pack/fold it up. If you have any of the documentation, would you be able to send a photo? (I would PM, but I need to have more forum posts before PMing)
    Thanks.
    Ratamacue97@hotmail.com
    Last edited by ratamacue97; 11-09-2016 at 09:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Anyone heard of Arbiter Flats?

Someone local has a set for sale.. $250