Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Cymbals HELP!

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Cymbals HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    I'm more of a Paiste player than anything, but over the years of playing I've also owned various Zildjians, Sabians, Meinls, UFIPS and so on. And probably more than half of those I got on the second hand cymbal market over here in Sydney, which is how I've been able to get some great bargains for some of my drum students as well, especially though things such as Gumtree and Trading Post. I'm glad you gave the Sabian AAX's a go, I managed to get one of my guys a few second-hand AAX's some time back (rough guesstimate would have been $500-550 for a 14" hi-hat, 16" & 20" Ride Stage Performance set) threw in another $90 or so and we got an 18" XS 20 crash, seeing that the guy was looking to get rid of some cymbals, we picked up up a pretty good deal. especially when you consider how pricey things are over here in Australia. Whereabouts are you by the way?
    Adelaide, Australia, about 450 is what im spending brand new for 14" hhx stage hats and aaxplosion 18" so im not doing too bad price wise, haven't found any GOOD quality second hand comparable prices, a couple with cracks etc.

Tony Free Drum, i actually am a zildjian man, but i let my ears decide on this one, and it happened to be sabians that i liked. so yeah, i already have a vintage 16" Zildjian Crashwhich i like, but the sabians have a nice sound and they should be a good match too

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deco 1 View Post
    Adelaide, Australia, about 450 is what im spending brand new for 14" hhx stage hats and aaxplosion 18" so im not doing too bad price wise, haven't found any GOOD quality second hand comparable prices, a couple with cracks etc.
    I scored a set of HHX groove hats from a bloke in Melbourne for $275, think he had only played em once. There is the odd deal to be had here in oz at least..
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumstix View Post
    I scored a set of HHX groove hats from a bloke in Melbourne for $275, think he had only played em once. There is the odd deal to be had here in oz at least..
    but see im getting brand new stage hats for $260 so like i said im doing alright