Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **Must Read Before Posting**

User Info Menu

Default Re: **Must Read Before Posting**

Thanks guys
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

I figured it would be better to post a video rather than pictures. This way someone could get a idea as to what they sound like.

I love the finish on them, I just don't use them and it seems like a shame to just let them sit there collecting dust.

Anybody interested, just PM me.

Tom, if I did anything wrong, just delete the post.

User Info Menu

Like 70% of the site are owners of vintage drums though, long standing members. They're out of luck if they need to move something? Obviously if they've been posting a long time they're not running businesses vs people who just joined up, i'd guess.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Wow! I too am surprised and want to give a big thanks to Tom and the admins. I know there can be challenges to this, but the opportunity to swap/sell between established members will be a nice addition to DC.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Lol, too funny. Great idea, thanks for making this happen. But it's funny how as soon as it does there's already a complaint haha.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Did i have something to do with this?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by covanant View Post
    Yep, it's all your fault!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by covanant View Post
    No

User Info Menu

This seems to be a very virtuous and gracious community, which I appreciate and find refreshing. Because of that, I would like to offer the following considerations based on my experience with other forums that also have the same respectfull type of people. Those forums have a couple "For Sale Forum" rules which help protect the integrity of the members. I think they are a good idea, and work well.

•all posts must list a specific asking price; no "feelers" or "best offer". This avoids any auction type situations and prevents hard feelings between members.
    •all posts must list a location of the seller. This reduces a ton of unnecessary posts and keeps it efficient.
    •posting comments about the seller's asking price (too high, not worth that, that's a steal, etc.) should be prohibited. Also, posting negative comments about the seller, item, condition, etc., should be prohibited.
    •posting of extraneous information by an uninvolved party should be prohibited. All posts should be between the seller and any interested potential buyer, asking questions, answering questions, etc.. No tire kicking...and if you don't want to buy the item, stay out of the thread. Leave it to the seller and the buyers.
    .•no "what's it worth" posting.

Sorry if Im overstepping the bounds of a newbie. I just want to offer these ideas as potential suggestions to protect the integrity of this site and the friendly spirit of the members.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 07-09-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

i think it the biggest thing happen in here in a long time
    thanks to open up

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

It's about time. The Ploughman would of loved it. Cause he was a Vintage expert.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    This seems to be a very virtuous and gracious community, which I appreciate and find refreshing. Because of that, I would like to offer the following considerations based on my experience with other forums that also have the same respectfull type of people. Those forums have a couple "For Sale Forum" rules which help protect the integrity of the members. I think they are a good idea, and work well.

•all posts must list a specific asking price; no "feelers" or "best offer". This avoids any auction type situations and prevents hard feelings between members.
    •all posts must list a location of the seller. This reduces a ton of unnecessary posts and keeps it efficient.
    •posting comments about the seller's asking price (too high, not worth that, that's a steal, etc.) should be prohibited. Also, posting negative comments about the seller, item, condition, etc., should be prohibited.
    •posting of extraneous information by an uninvolved party should be prohibited. All posts should be between the seller and any interested potential buyer, asking questions, answering questions, etc.. No tire kicking...and if you don't want to buy the item, stay out of the thread. Leave it to the seller and the buyers.
    .•no "what's it worth" posting.

Sorry if Im overstepping the bounds of a newbie. I just want to offer these ideas as potential suggestions to protect the integrity of this site and the friendly spirit of the members.
    Great ideas, totally agree.

Larrysperf Guest

Wow and I also would like to say thanks to drummer now that I have sold everything he gets this done well just great. Just joking I think you done good Drummer. Thank You from all of us drummies

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    Just joking I think you done good Drummer. Thank You from all of us drummies
    You're welcome.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    Thank You from all of us drummies
    I can't remember if I offically thanked you Tom for advocating for a 'for sale section' but if I already did, I'll just say it again. Mucho Garcias!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    I can't remember if I offically thanked you Tom for advocating for a 'for sale section' but if I already did, I'll just say it again. Mucho Garcias!!
    ^ Ditto.

Now I'm just waiting for a certain set of Gretsch drums to be up for sale here. ::: cough-cough ::: :::'57 motor city black ::: :::cough-cough :::

Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    ^ Ditto.

Now I'm just waiting for a certain set of Gretsch drums to be up for sale here. ::: cough-cough ::: :::'57 motor city black ::: :::cough-cough :::

Bawhahaha!! A thousand and one comedians out of work and........

User Info Menu

another question..on the threads already posted..If we have an item different than whats already there do we start another thread for that specific item or just add to what we feel is the correct one? I.E. drum accessories...I recently sold a practice pad..and now added sticks on same thread...is this correct? or do I need to post a thread about "sticks" ?
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

My own personal feeling on the matter, start a new one.

Some may not read into an existing thread knowing the content if they've already been there.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

100 posts to sell is an awful lot this is just as bad as 50 on another forum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gitch View Post
    100 posts to sell is an awful lot this is just as bad as 50 on another forum.
    With everything being relative, it's actually not a lot if you're here to give to the community and not just take from it. It's expensive to run a forum and I know I speak for the owners when I say, it's not appreciated when someone exploits this place for their own personal gain and doesn't give back or contribute in any other meaningful way. That's called selfishness. We also ban members that come in here to only post videos and links to their YouTube page. This is a community and community means give and take, not just take.

User Info Menu

Way to go Tom r