Hi all. i was lucky enough to inherit a 1961 Champagne Sparkle Ludwig Piccolo from a relative at the age of ten. All original heads hardware and snare wires. everything is old. Me however, being a ten year old with no knowledge of drums whatsoever at the time, thought it was a really lame and dirty piece of garbage that didnt sound all that great and didnt look much better. well as i grew up got into a band and learned my trade i realized it was a relic and polished everything up got some new heads, snare wires and the whole package ya know. I thought, "its a piccolo, crank dat mofo for dayz and you'll get a great sound." That's what i did and i was right. i used it for several shows getting compliments everywhere i went on how lively and big it sounded. really great. then i ran into some rough economic times and was looking into selling it (stupid me) i came across someone saying that one should NEVER tune that drum tightly because of the lug design. The tension rods go into the same lug but at different spots. The high stress would supposedly cause some damage to the lugs and sure enough after hearing this i immediately went to check on the drum and sure enough when you take a close look at it the lugs which were completely horizontal had slightly rotated in the direction the tension rods were pulling. ever so slightly. i loosedned it up and it went away but damn it just sounds so flat and dead now. the more i think of that paradigm the more i think its a useless drum because it only sounds good cranked but also gets damaged cranked. any thoughts, questions, ideas on what i could do? i'll get a pic up realllllll soon for ya'll