Thread: Tube lug question

User Info Menu

Default Tube lug question

Hey all, I use a PDP snare with 1 3/8" (35 mm) hole spacing on the lugs. Lately I thought about changing them due to some rods sticking and the hideous ovals. Then I discovered that nobody sells 1 3/8", only 1 1/2" and 1 1/4"...

So my question is: would it be possible to cut down some 1 1/2" tube lugs? Anybody know how the tube is held in the bulb-shaped ends? My guess is that it shouldn't be too hard to get one end off and cut/file/grind 1/8" off. I plan to get the chrome plated brass ones.

Thanks for your input!
    Taye Tourperformer, PDP Hammered bronze snare, 15" Diril Primitive hats, 17" XPlosion, 10" duo splash, 15" Xtreme china, 22" HHX Omni, 7" cup chime, Yamaha 9415 w. Vickicks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tube lug question

It depends on the tube lug. I've seen some where the ends are just screwed in and some more like soldered on.

User Info Menu

Or you can go through ego up in Oregon. They will custom make them for you. They do all that kind of stuff. They have any kind of tube lugs out there! I had custom oversized aluminum chrome plated tube lugs with stainless steel threaded inserts made for my ludwig snare.DSC01834.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Or you can go through ego up in Oregon. They will custom make them for you. They do all that kind of stuff. They have any kind of tube lugs out there! I had custom oversized aluminum chrome plated tube lugs with stainless steel threaded inserts made for my ludwig snare.DSC01834.jpg
    Nice snare!... 12 lug fine tuning
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN