Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gretsch USA Custom v Gretsch '57 Renown

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gretsch USA Custom v Gretsch '57 Renown

User Info Menu

Very nice, are those ec2's? Love that rack also are you gigging that kit out?
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Yeah I see the EC2's and wonder Rich why the moongel on the floor tom. Also how do you like the EC2's.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrumkelly View Post
    Very nice, are those ec2's? Love that rack also are you gigging that kit out?
    Hi machine! Yes, the heads are EC2's. No gigs yet but had a few friends stop by for a jam. I thought about your new Sonor kit when I was setting the rack up. I usually off set my rack toms but decided to mount them over the virgin kick. Then I remembered your issue with using cymbal stands to mount your rack toms up. Did you ever decide on what method would work for you? Did you invest in a rack? Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Yeah I see the EC2's and wonder Rich why the moongel on the floor tom. Also how do you like the EC2's.
    I was tuning the floor tom at various pitches and I had the batter head as loose as I could get it when I took the over head birdseye view, hence the moongel. As of this post no more moongel

User Info Menu

That is just so awesome. Very happy that things have worked out, late8.

New rack looks good, too!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    That is just so awesome. Very happy that things have worked out, late8.

New rack looks good, too!
    Thanks Bish! I appreciate it!!

User Info Menu

Been checking this thread all last week watching for updates... had a super busy weekend and couldn't check... then looked this morning... BAM!!!

So glad to see this ordeal is over now...the kit looks killer, and I am sure sounds even better!

Happy for you Rich!!
    Gretsch Renown RN1 ~ Silver Oyster Pearl

User Info Menu

Glad everything worked out, Rich!

User Info Menu

Thanks for remembering Late, I have not made a final decision yet. I weighed my hardware bag 2 days ago and it was 70lbs... At this point I could work with the mounting if I could get the weight of the hardware down.. dont wanna hijack your thread though.. that rack looks nice, I bet it's pricey.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Congrats on the successful repairs Rich! The kit looks beautiful behind that rack! I know it seemed like a long ordeal, so I am very happy that the result was worth the wait.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Happy for you Rich. Gorgeous kit bro.

User Info Menu

Rich......glad this worked out........hopefully that ordeal is over...................now on to the next chapter.......the playing years............I bet they sound beautiful

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kickinit View Post
    Been checking this thread all last week watching for updates... had a super busy weekend and couldn't check... then looked this morning... BAM!!!

So glad to see this ordeal is over now...the kit looks killer, and I am sure sounds even better!

Happy for you Rich!!
    Thanks David. My accessment in the above post was actually aimed at you. I know you've been thinking about a USA Custom purchase in the near future? If so, you won't be dissapointed. The rack toms sound solid but it's the kick drum that had me grinning ear to ear. The fullness and presence that the kick drum offers is something I've been waiting for years to experience in person. Next time you decide to visit us here in Nor-Cal for a Mike Johnston drum camp, make sure to hit me up!!

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Glad everything worked out, Rich!
    Thanks Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrumkelly View Post
    Thanks for remembering Late, I have not made a final decision yet. I weighed my hardware bag 2 days ago and it was 70lbs... At this point I could work with the mounting if I could get the weight of the hardware down.. dont wanna hijack your thread though.. that rack looks nice, I bet it's pricey.
    No worries about jacking this thread machine! Wow...70 lbs.? That's pretty heavy but I can see how consolidating cymbal stands plus the hihat stand into one hardware case can get heavy. Marko has a tight set up with 1 up 1 down and he seems to manage with loose stands. Backline space at some clubs can be scarce and loose stands tend to be a bit more flexiable to stash than a pipe rack mounted with drums and cymbals. Racks often need at least two people to carry and if you don't have the help, you're often at the mercy of having to find some. Keep us posted. That Sonor kit is a beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Congrats on the successful repairs Rich! The kit looks beautiful behind that rack! I know it seemed like a long ordeal, so I am very happy that the result was worth the wait.
    Thanks Bob. The lack of communication between the KMC district rep and the Gretsch factory staff was frustrating to say the least. I assumed things would be handled in a timely matter but with absolutely no word whatsoever from Gretsch, I was leary about the plan of action. I knew getting completely new shells was out of the question so I was left to ponder how quickly the repair work was to take. The customer service from Gretsch seemed distant and cold and I'll always wonder why I was sent shells with blemishes. Since we as drummers are often seen as "a league of our own", only you guys and gals knew what I was going through. Thanks for the support Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Happy for you Rich. Gorgeous kit bro.
    Thanks Tex!

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Rich......glad this worked out........hopefully that ordeal is over...................now on to the next chapter.......the playing years............I bet they sound beautiful
    Hey Butch! Man they really sound good. The 16x16 floor tom was a bugger to tune before the hole was filled and the kick drum sounds better but it may of been in my head? I'm glad this is all behind me and yes, now comes the playing years!!