Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 leg hi hat stands

User Info Menu

Default 2 leg hi hat stands

I have a 3 leg iron cobra hi hat stand then I bought double Pedel bass

So the 3rd leg is a bit in the way

Was looking at the 2 leg tams iron cobra stand and was wondering your thoughts on 2 legs stands for rock and roll
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: 2 leg hi hat stands

I have the 2 leg Iron Cobra. The legs swivel around the base so you can place them around your other pedals. I have double-bass pedal and an electronic trigger pedal and the iron cobra fits nicely in the middle. Very happy with it.
    Tama StarClassic Bubinga
    Brady Sheoak 6.5" Snare
    Zildjian K 11, 14, 15,16,17
    Sabian Flat Hats, 22' Ride
    Trash Can Lid

Cheese-N-Ugg-Uh-Lee-Chik

http://shootthemoonband.com

User Info Menu

Some are able to get away with a third leg without much of a problem, but a two leg stand is definitely something anyone playing double bass can benefit from, style doesn't matter. I haven't use that particular stand but Tama is a brand I trust so you should have no stability issues.

User Info Menu

Thanks !!

User Info Menu

I have a pdp 2 leg. No problems at all.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    14x6 mapex stainless steel snare
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

Work great. Don't think they're genre specific

User Info Menu

I don't claim to have much experience, but have you considered a remote high hat stand? I have the DW 9502 cable high hat, which allows you to move your high hat pedal anywhere you need it to be. It has a pair of small legs, just large enough to support the pedal itself. I have found that the cable actuation does not seem to be different (in feel) than a conventional stand, and gives you even more options that the 2 legged hat stand in terms of placement of the pedal.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

I also have been using a 2 leg PDP for last 4 or 5 years, it is sturdy, well built and the two legs can swivel to fit the stage or around other stands. Cant believe I waited so long before purchasing. I made my own by removing one leg from a Tama stand, not the same thing, most times I had to duct tape it to a neighbouring cymbal stand, crude but effective, and a pain in the butt.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

I just rotate the legs on my 3 legged road pro and have never had a problem with peddles.

User Info Menu

I have the Iron Cobra HH905 two legged stand. Bought it three years ago and like it.

However - I've had the little yellow nylon strap break twice, and the chain that connects it to the Lever Glide Part has also broken once, and I had to replace the upper tube assembly because the plastic seat cracked and broke over time. I was able to replace it with another tube from another hat stand I had - so it didn't cost me anything but the other stuff has ended up totaling over $100 in parts orders since I've had it.

Before I bought the Iron Cobra - I had the same Yamaha Hi-hat stand for twenty years (still have it) and used it 4/5 nights a week and never replaced anything on it. In fact - other than a drop of oil near the bottom - I never even needed to maintain anything on it. It was thrown into a huge case after each gig, and was never taken care of. Neglected, ignored and thrown around like an old rag doll.

The Iron Cobra is not the same. I have to constantly go over it every 6 weeks or so and tighten fastners and parts on it or it seems to fall apart over time. The screws on the footboard assembly drop like fall leaves, and I have to check them at least once a week.

The Iron Cobra stand is put into a small padded case in between each gig that has three light mic stands in it. Is never thrown around and handled gently - yet still breaks. Maybe it's the vibration from the miles on the road, I dunno. But as mentioned it sits inside a foam rubber lined case all the time.

As I said....I really like the Iron Cobra Feel, it's adjustability and it's smooth quiteness. I just wish it wasn't so "high Maintenance".
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Thanks for info. Headed to guitar center in Alpharetta ga to check them out and buy one and return the 3 leg one got it 28 days ago so got to do it today. Will check in with what I get. Will be there about 1:30 est so any other comments great

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by woodstockrocker View Post
    Was looking at the 2 leg tams iron cobra stand and was wondering your thoughts on 2 legs stands for rock and roll
    Thanks
    The number of legs doesn't equate to the genre you play, it's how it fits 'round your kit and if you're short on space, I'd go for it and get a 2-legged stand.
    I personally fancy a no-legged one and a clamp.

User Info Menu

Thanks and yes and I agree type of play doesn't matter wasn't thinking!!!

Almost at guitar center !!

User Info Menu

Any two leg stand is practically a must with a double pedal. I can't imagine not using one now. I started using one in 1992. I prefer TAMA to other brands but that's just what I like. Two legs are every bit as sturdy and strong as three legs.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

I use the 2 leg Iron Cobra. Love it.

User Info Menu

Well I picked up the 2 leg iron cobra will set it up next week as I am out of town all week. Thanks for all the info oh and bought another cymbal
    Can't have to many !!
    Kreg
    First concert the Beatles 1966
    Love to rock and roll with my set of Rogers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    I just rotate the legs on my 3 legged road pro and have never had a problem with peddles.
    + 1

I had the same deal.
    I bought the newer TAMA Iron Cobra HH605 series hi hat stand.
    It still has three legs, but the tripod swivels out of the way of the bass slave pedal.
    The 605 series is not top-of-the-line TAMA, (also not overly expensive) but it is a very heavy and sturdy piece of hardware.............I'm happy with it.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I use the two legged DW 9000 hihat stand. It's been pretty abused over the last two and a half years and I've yet to even consider trying to maintain anything on it. It's built like a rock.
    Kits:
    -C&C Player Date 13/16/22
    -65' Ludwig Super Classic 13/16/22

Snares:
    -DW Nickel Over Brass 6.5x14 snare
    -Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 65' Super Classic 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 64' Pioneer 5x14 snare
    -PDP Classic Wood hoop 6x14 snare

Rides:
    -Zildjian 22" Constantinople
    -Zildjian 22" Kerope
    -Zildjian 20" Constantinople
    Hats:
    -17" A Medium crash over K custom dark crash

-DW 9000 pedals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by woodstockrocker View Post
    Well I picked up the 2 leg iron cobra will set it up next week as I am out of town all week. Thanks for all the info oh and bought another cymbal
    Can't have to many !!
    Congrats on the new Iron Cobra hi-hat stand. I bought a used 2-legged Lever Glide about a year ago, and I've been very happy with it. I haven't had any of the problems that EddieV has had, but then I am sure that his gigging schedule is a bit more intense than mine.

Now, we just need to know what cymbal you bought. Oh, and we have a saying around here: Pics, or it didn't happen.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isaacvining View Post
    I use the two legged DW 9000 hihat stand. It's been pretty abused over the last two and a half years and I've yet to even consider trying to maintain anything on it. It's built like a rock.
    Yeah, I've the 5000 version of your hi-hat stand. Built like a tank.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

I bought zildjian A cymbals hi hat set which I had bought several weeks ago in fact all the new cymbals are the k
    10. 12. 15. 18. 20. And hi hats are 14. And yesterday bought a 16
    Love to post pics but since I'm a newbie they won't let me yet. Soon
    Hopefully then I will !!!

That should do it for awhile
    Last edited by woodstockrocker; 11-12-2013 at 02:15 AM.
    Kreg
    First concert the Beatles 1966
    Love to rock and roll with my set of Rogers

User Info Menu

digging up a very old one for this as i didn't want to start a new thread just for this

I'm looking at getting a 2 legged IC Lever Glide, and one thing i have noticed on it is that unlike i have always previously thought, the pedal itself doesn't 'lock' down and become the 3rd leg/stabiliser, but at the base of the stand it has a little section which sticks out underneath the pedal to stabilise the stand.

My questions are... this section can be extended with a drum key - something id barely noticed- Is this designed to be used every time, or is it for 'additional' stability if needed?
    secondly... do all 2 legged hi hat stands you know of work like this, or do some pedals 'lock' down and become the third point?

Thanks in advance!
    Its not what your playing, its what your playing

User Info Menu

I have several two legged hi-hat stands and several 3 legged stands that swivel.
    I can't believe when I see drummers using a stationary 3 legged stand and a double pedal.

I love my two legged DW9000 HiHat stand.

User Info Menu

I have 2 PDP HH820 2-leggers. I will never buy anything else!

User Info Menu

I've ran with a swiveled 3 leg for a while when ive got the double pedal, so glad that the couple of comments above seem to suggest 2 leg will be good (3 swivelled is fine, but a litttle more room will be nice)

I may have caused some confusion digging up the old post instead of starting one though - any thoughts on my questions 2 posts ago?
    Its not what your playing, its what your playing