Thread: Thoughts on Mapex Pro M 7 piece kit please

User Info Menu

Default Thoughts on Mapex Pro M 7 piece kit please

Hey all, I have always loved Tama, but I came across a Mapex Pro M 7 piece set that I really like. I have always wanted a 7 piece kit. It is like a wine color and running $549. Really great shape too. I am not an expert buy all means so I need some help. I know that this kit is much better than my 5 piece Rockstar kit. But, is it worth the $549? That is what I need help with. I think it is and I think I can do pretty decent selling my Rockstar as well. So please help me out with some input here if you could. I hope I am in the right section for my question. Thanks in advance for your opinions everyone!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Thoughts on Mapex Pro M 7 piece kit please

Welcome to Drum Chat TamaSabianGuy!

The Mapex Pro M kit is a solid kit, so if the one you're looking to buy is in good shape, the price is reasonable (although I think you could offer somewhere between $450-500, but that depends on the general price of kits in your area). If any hardware is offered with it ( a throne, or bass pedal, for example), then I think the $549 would be a good deal.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome Pastor Bob! I called about the kit (it's actually about 2 hours from me) and they state that it is in beautiful condition, but will for sure need new heads. Nothing except the tom mounts come with it though. I have all the additional hardware needed. I did offer $500 due to the drive, but he needed to speak to his manager first and call me back. I have been looking for a bit and this seems to be a decent price. Not over or under, but right on here in Ohio. So you think it is a agreeable fair price? Thanks again.

User Info Menu

Being that it sounds like you are dealing with a music store, I would say the price is about right, and with it being stated as being in "beautiful condition," it sound like it would be worth the price. If they come back and accept your offer (they might counter), then it will surely be worth the drive. It will depend on how bad they want to move gear during the holidays, and how long they've had it. Good luck!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Kinda funny they just called me back. They will 100% do it for $500. So hopefully I can get something decent for my Rockstars soon and go check it out on Saturday. Thanks for the information sir. I will try to learn how to post pics if I get it. But, it will probably be in layaway for a bit. That kit is like an intermediate or better level right? So a amateur wannabe drummer like me may never need another kit. Any tips on anything I should pay close attention to when I see it?

User Info Menu

Sounds like a good deal mate if you like it and she sounds good get her
    But as its said around here...Pics or it didn't happen!

Keep the Peace and Keep Drumming! :D

User Info Menu

Great find! Mapex produces some great kits! Congrats are in order if you have them by now.

User Info Menu

TSG, it is indeed a solid intermediate kit, much like the Gretsch Catalina Maple kit that I've had since 2007. I have had no reservations about starting to gig with my gig, and you shouldn't with the Pro-M. The key is to get some good cases to protect them when you start to gig.

Oh, and for posting pics: http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

User Info Menu

TSG,
    will they take your Rockstars in a trade with cash?
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Good deal, go for it
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

I found I am unable to get the Mapex kit. But, I have good news! I walked into another store today and saw a beautiful PDP X7 kit (minus a snare) for $300 bucks! The Bass drum has a bit of tom rash (to be somewhat expected), but other than that in great shape. $200 less and 150 miles closer to home felt pretty good. So I put it in layaway today. Regardless, I will have a new kit fairly soon! So excited! I will post some pics as soon as I get it set-up. Thanks guys for all your help! I guess I might want to change my login name now huh?

User Info Menu

For those that don't know. I was not able to get the Mapex for a few reasons. But, I did just pick up a sweet deal on a PDP X7 minus the snare! I am working on it and putting some finishing touches right now. I will post some of the Orange Sparkle pics soon.
    PDP X7 Orange Sparkle 7 piece
    8", 10", 12" rack toms
    14", and 16" floor toms
    22"x18" Bass drum
    13x7" Pork Pie vented snare

Cymbals
    Sabian AAX 18", 15" crash
    Sabian AAX 14" stage high-hats
    Sabian AA 20" ride
    Sabian APX 12" splash
    Sabian XS20 18" china
    Wuhan 10" splash
    Zildjian Zil-bell
    Coming very soon (layaway):
    Sabian AAX 16" O-zone crash

Iron cobra double pedal

If you've got a problem, take it out on a drum.

Neil Peart

User Info Menu

pdp platinum snare to match ..done