Thread: Fleetwood Mac last night at MGM Las Vegas!

User Info Menu

Default Fleetwood Mac last night at MGM Las Vegas!

Hi all,

My wife and I attended the Fleetwood Mac show at the MGM last night. It was outstanding, fantastic, amazing, incredible...well, you get the idea. I had never before seen FM live, even though I was around in their first heyday as the most famous lineup (Fleetwood/McVie/McVie/Buckingham/Nicks), but this made up for it! Amazing seats, and incredible sound and performances. This was the 63rd and last show of this tour. I was surprised at how loud they were, honestly, perhaps expecting a more laid back performance, but they were rocking out! Mick Fleetwood played the DW drum kit, and the 'coc ktail' kit as well, documented on the DW 'Cherry Picked' video. He played a solo that was really great during the first of two encores. Wonderful sound!! It was a 3 hour show! John McVie played all of it, recently returned from cancer treatment, and you could tell the band was so thankful for his presence! The other 3 members each gave what felt to me to be genuinely heartfelt thanks to the audience for a great show, and they spoke of the tour, and their plans for future touring. The last song was a duet with Stevie and Lindsey alone, Lindsey on acoustic guitar, a beautiful song. Mick had the last word, with 2 of his little girls on stage with him...and he's as much a kid as his little ones!

All I can say is, if you've never seen the Mac live, when they come back out, DO SO!!!! I don't know how a band of four senior citizens has the energy to do what they do...and Lindsey Buckingham was simply stellar, on stage for almost every minute of the 3 hour show. I'd go see 'em again in a heartbeat!!
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac last night at MGM Las Vegas!

I've see Fleetwood-Mac a few times. The best was the "Rumours" tour, back around '77-'78.

User Info Menu

Was Christine McVie there too?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8beat View Post
    Was Christine McVie there too?
    No. If there was one disappointment, it was that. I'd heard that she had gone on stage with them a few times in the recent past, and also heard that she'd said (not sure if true) that she'd made a mistake in retiring. I was hoping that she would make the trip over to play with them, but, sadly, she did not. Still, the show was fantastic!
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Have never seen em, but they are definetly on my radar.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Fleetwood Mac last night at MGM Las Vegas!

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I've see Fleetwood-Mac a few times. The best was the "Rumours" tour, back around '77-'78.
    It was Rick, their best

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrumkelly View Post
    Have never seen em, but they are definetly on my radar.
    Better hurry up before they retire.

User Info Menu

I can appreciate Fleetwood but I have trouble watching him play.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)