Thread: Vintage Rogers and Zildjians cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Vintage Rogers and Zildjians cymbals

Well I had to make a painful decision. I am selling my beloved Rogers set (1972 and two 1976pcs) complete with all Zildjian cymbals and stands! Yes, my wife and I are downsizing our home and lifestyle to prepare for our future and there will be NO room for my set..I am however keeping my hand drums and may be able to expand these. So in a nut shell before I turn to CL I am posting here first.
    I will be firm at $3,000.00 takes all..no piecing out! you all see my signature for sizes. PM me if you need further info. And YES I will still be a DC'r for as long as I can type.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Vintage Rogers and Zildjians cymbals

Marty, I'm sorry to hear that the Rodgers kit is having to go, but I am glad you'll continue to hang out here. It just wouldn't be the same without you. That's a pretty good deal on the full kit. Wish I had a spare $3K at the moment. Unfortunately, I've got a tooth that will be crowned in Feb.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Marty... Don't! there has to be an alternative to letting go of those beauties!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Marty don't you know the rule when you downsize your house that means you and your drums are staying and the wife is leaving probably fetch more money that way !! lol

put them someplace in the house, i still have my set that I stored in garages etc for 40 years and finally brought them out 6 months ago and set them up and now back playing in a band…. it feels sooooooo greeeeeeat !!!
    Kreg
    First concert the Beatles 1966
    Love to rock and roll with my set of Rogers

User Info Menu

Oh man, Marty... NO! Don't do it!! Are you sure you can't find a way to store them until you can come up with space?

I sold my Ludwig Vistalite kit many years ago and I've regretted it every day. Then I saw this thread: http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...2.html?t=30502

It brought back good and bad memories. Good memories remembering how great they sounded and the fun I had playing them and bad memories of the day I actually sold them. The pic of the kit in that thread is exactly what I had.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I agree don't sell them Marty. I doubt you will be able to get the money that you want for them and say you do, you will never be able to replace them in the future if you decide to have drums again. You have had these babies so long that they are in your blood man. Keep them no matter what.

User Info Menu

I'm sure you have thought through all of your options so I hope it goes well for you. However, if not, there are many practice spaces in many cities where you can pay a nominal amount and have access to your kit when you want to play.
    Steve
    "When I can match Buddy Rich, lick for lick, I will get a rack."
    Ludwig Super Classic

User Info Menu

Oh man Marty.....if only I lived nearby, I'd be glad to take them off your hands, lol.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the words of encouragement! you see my dream of playing with a band again kept drifting away as with work and a health issue that came up ( bursitis of both hips) made that dream fade away. And I am at ease with this as funny as that sounds...but man...no matter I will just become a skin slapper! My Rogers will always be apart of me and DC as both have brought great joy in my life. Will keep on posting as long as I can. thanks again to some Great friends I have met here.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China

The Zildjian League

BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Oh no don't sell !!! stack them in a corner and put up one of those foldable room dividers in front a little while later they'll just be there. No one will know but you and the little women

User Info Menu

So far no takers..guess us old things..er drums are not as desirable as we use to be. Dabdrums may have to stack them in corner when we move. Working on my new place now..needs alot of updating and remodeling..I am moving into an adult community so banging away may not be cool for awhile since there is that older generation living there now...but Then...the baby boomers (like me) start moving in!!!
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China

The Zildjian League

BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

^ Serious? No one's snapped up your Rogers? I know a few of my drummer mates down here that would go gaga over a good quality vintage American set like yours. Just a pity we're so far away from good ol' Arizona. Damn.

Sorry to hear how you're going health wise, that must be a bit of a drag (no rudimental joke intended btw), not a nice thing to happen I guess. But at least you'll still be mucking around with hand drums hey, so that's something. What hand drums you got exactly, just the djembe? You're welcome to pick my brains or any of the guys on here that play all manner of hand drums.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    ^ Serious? No one's snapped up your Rogers? I know a few of my drummer mates down here that would go gaga over a good quality vintage American set like yours. Just a pity we're so far away from good ol' Arizona. Damn.

Sorry to hear how you're going health wise, that must be a bit of a drag (no rudimental joke intended btw), not a nice thing to happen I guess. But at least you'll still be mucking around with hand drums hey, so that's something. What hand drums you got exactly, just the djembe? You're welcome to pick my brains or any of the guys on here that play all manner of hand drums.
    well I also have some inexpensive...but nice LP conga's..Getting old just sucks.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride