Thread: D'Addario (ProMark) Customer Service

User Info Menu

Default D'Addario (ProMark) Customer Service

So I am extremely blown away by their amazing customer service so I thought I would share my story with you all.

So I have played ProMark sticks for the longest time... I've more specifically been playing the Mike Portnoy 420s as I love the long length and skinnier shaft. I feel like I have a lot more control and speed for the type of playing that I do.

But the quality of this stick has tremendously gone down hill. Ever since Mike Portnoy left Dream Theater and they changed the stick name I feel they just stopped caring. Turns out that the company was changed 3 years ago and all their equipment changed also.

My sticks were literally only last 2-3 songs at best (no joke) You could feel the stick bending before you even started playing as if there was a weak point in the middle. And sure enough one stick snapped from middle down in to my hand.

Just look at it.. there is barely any use of this stick..

And this is even crazier... the tips aren't even the same?!

So I wrote ProMark (D'Addario) and told them my story. I never really expected much from it. Turns out I got 3 emails back instantly. Started chatting more with one of their reps and he asked for more information and for my photos. He then informed me of a huge turn around when they bought the company and etc. Before tips were glued on and now they are formed on for better quality. But then he also helped me out and talked about the different woods, features, etc.

To my surprise I just received this in the mail... Several pair of Mike Portnoy sticks, and two others that are close to them but in different woods that should hold up better. I also got a HAND WRITTEN note which surprised me so much and meant a lot to me as a consumer. A new magazine of all their products and some decals. I'm blown away by their customer service!!

So I thought I would share my great customer experience with you all.

User Info Menu

Default Re: D'Addario (ProMark) Customer Service

Wow. Very cool. It seems to me that poor customer service has become the norm today, so that every instance of outstanding service is definitely worthy of celebrating. Great story…thanks for sharing! Glad most of my sticks are Pro-Mark!
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

wow, thats awesome!
    Pearl Export EX matte purple with black hardware 10, 13, 14, 22

14" Zildjian Constantinople hats
    22" Zildjian Constantinople ride
    8" Zildjian Constantinople splash
    20" Zildjian Constantinople ride/crash
    18" Zildjian Constantinople riveted ride/crash
    16" A. Zildjian Thin Crash (now a wall decoration)
    18" A. Zildjian Thin Crash
    14" Avedis Zildjian crash

User Info Menu

I had the same experience a few months ago with my normally stout and long lasting ProMark 747 Japanese Oak sticks suddenly losing and breaking their "rock" nylon tips. I e-mailed them and they explained that they had used an inferior material on a large batch of sticks and I wasn't the first to complain. They atoned for that by sending me a brick of newly manufactured nylon tipped sticks without even hinting at the subject. Needless to say I blabbed about it in many chat rooms. Customer service still lives in small circles. Or at least at the companies that still feel as if it is a vital commodity.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Good stuff! Buying sticks throughout the years definetly can add up so I think that was a great result for you. I'm a big fan of the Promark 5Bs nylon tips. To me they have just the right amount of weight and feel to groove with.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: D'Addario (ProMark) Customer Service

Good to see they care, I currently pply there 5b's thanks for sharing

User Info Menu

I used to break Vic Firth 85A's just like that on a pretty regular basis.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Evans (D'Addario) has always taken very good care of me when I had an issue.

I just started using MP sticks. I like them a lot. I've used them for a couple of gigs now and they are holding up well.