Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Religious and Political Discussion / Hot Button Issues

User Info Menu

Default Religious and Political Discussion / Hot Button Issues

Passing along this announcement from admin:

----------------------------
    After much thought and deliberation and in an effort to make Drum Chat more of a forum that encompasses a wide variety of opinion and interest, we will now be allowing members to discuss religious and political issues as well as some issues usually thought of as 'hot button'.

While in the past we approached issues such as these with caution and sensitivity, more and more members have been speaking up and there was concern that Drum Chat could not remain competitive among similar drummer forums. We do have concern that some more conservative members of the forum might take issue with this. We ask that you please be understanding of the great challenges that administrators face. It becomes an ongoing dynamic of trying to please everyone but in reality, that is an impossibility.

DrumChat has always taken pride in being a family-friendly forum. With other forum's having an 'anything goes' approach, we were defined as a classier place and a draw for members who wanted a more wholesome online venue to meet and talk about drumming. But along with the new religious and political modification, we thought it might also be a good idea to not be quite as sensitive to controversial issues that members might want to discuss. After all, younger people are exposed to much more these days than generations of past and so perhaps we shouldn't treat them as if they are ignorant to more sophisticated topics or topics that would normally be deemed sensitive. They probably hear more language in school than they would ever find online or in this forum.

Some members will embrace this change and others might feel threatened by it. Regardless, we hope that you will be understanding of the need to grow and change with the times. If any members feel the need to discuss this further, they can contact our main offices at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington DC 20500. We are hoping that this can be a smooth transition and that (especially) long term members will embrace the new changes and help others with any questions they might have.

Finally, we want to thank each and every one of you for your commitment in making DrumChat one of the top rated forums on the net. We couldn't do it without you!

Sincerely,
    Steve (su_admin)

-----------------------

For the record, I'm not crazy about the changes but trust in the decisions of the administration.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Religious and Political Discussion / Hot Button Issues

Not a bad move, IMO. If someone doesn't want to read that stuff, don't open the threads. It's that simple really.

Having said that, it's not my thing so I stay out of those kind of threads on other forums.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Not a bad move, IMO. If someone doesn't want to read that stuff, don't open the threads. It's that simple really.

Having said that, it's not my thing so I stay out of those kind of threads on other forums.
    Yeah, I agree with drummers sentiment and I doubt I'll be participating. I enjoy church since I get to actually be in the praise band. I'm not a deliberator. (new word)
    Signature here

User Info Menu

About time, how many members where banned because of those topics. I always found them ridiculous ( rules) but those where the rules. I am not religious but like to talk about Politics and open peoples eyes to what is going on in this world. Good move Su.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    About time, how many members where banned because of those topics. I always found them ridiculous ( rules) but those where the rules. I am not religious but like to talk about Politics and open peoples eyes to what is going on in this world. Good move Su.
    is that mean that some member will be unbaned because the rules change ???????????

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

They should Riouel and infractions taken off their records too. Only fair but will it happen I doubt it.

User Info Menu

I truly hope this is not a April Fools joke LOL

User Info Menu

I truly hope this is not a April Fools joke LOL
    I was thinking exactly the same thing!!

User Info Menu

Finally I get to say what I really think.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    If any members feel the need to discuss this further, they can contact our main offices at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington DC 20500.

For the record, I'm not crazy about the changes but trust in the decisions of the administration.
    Hey...hold on a minute. 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. is the White House. This is a April Fools joke for sure!

User Info Menu

They should Riouel and infractions taken off their records too. Only fair but will it happen I doubt it.
    Dude, take a chill pill.

Better yet, post some pictures of your drums.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

LOL, I for one am very Happy this is just a joke. If I want to talk that stuff with a bunch of [obviously removed! LOL - Tom] I can go to all kinds of different forums.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    LOL, I for one am very Happy this is just a joke. If I want to talk that stuff with a bunch of ...... I can go to all kinds of different forums.
    Were's my popcorn.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    Were's my popcorn.
    Pass some my way. I'm loving this. LOL!!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I like chocolate cake with a Cross on Top.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I hope it's not a joke. Such deception is a sin.....
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Chesseburger! CheeseBurger! Cheeseburger! No Pepsi, Coke!!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

User Info Menu

Hey...hold on a minute. 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. is the White House. This is a April Fools joke for sure!
    OK....so, are people running this website are the same ones that started the healthcare.gov website???
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Chesseburger! CheeseBurger! Cheeseburger! No Pepsi, Coke!!
    Man you gotta be "old' to have remembered "Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, no Pepsi..Coke!" lol!!!

User Info Menu

Man you gotta be "old' to have remembered "Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, no Pepsi..Coke!" lol!!!
    Who you calling old? Why, I believe it was just the other day that they launched a man into outer space! And he walked on the moon! The MOON! Can you believe it?!
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Who you calling old? Why, I believe it was just the other day that they launched a man into outer space! And he walked on the moon! The MOON! Can you believe it?!
    I gotta bridge to sell ya!

User Info Menu

I once met a drummer that was also a democrat. She was so far left that she couldn't even hit the ride cymbal.

User Info Menu

And your point would be?

BTW, he forgot "cheep" as in chips.

Wait, I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Bish; 04-01-2014 at 07:52 PM.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

for the record...it's supposed to be "no Coke...Pepsi."