Thread: Bluewine has been banned

User Info Menu

Default Bluewine has been banned

For the record, and because some of his posts were reasonable, I wanted to explain why he was banned.

A smug attitude is certainly no reason to ban someone. That said, it was getting worse as more and more members were not only speaking up but it seemed like every thread he posted in was turning controversial (hot topic) real fast.

As many of you know, I'm pretty tolerant these days. There are people in here I don't particularly like but as long as I get positive responses to my PM's and they show an effort to restrain themselves, things usually work out.

I PM'd Bluewine and asked him to please try and be more diplomatic in his responses. His reply to me accepted no shared responsibility at all. In fact, he continued to treat me like I could not possibly know anything and even commented that he was older than me and suggested that because of that, he was right and I was wrong (he doesn't even know my age). At this point, it was evident that I was dealing with someone that was not only unapologetic but that does not practice compromise. He then continued to insult my intelligence and made another demand for his remaining in the forum.

That did it. You can't work with people like that and I'm not going to allow this instigator to stir up continual controversy which then only leads the more aggressive people in the forum coming out with all guns loaded. That only leads to me having to continually put out fires and I'm sorry, I don't have the time or patience for that. Without instigators, this forum is otherwise smooth-sailing. Bob and I rarely have any issues to deal with and I happen to like it that way.

So, for those of you that were sticking up for Bluewine's right to his opinion (and I admire that sentiment), I wanted to explain how things escalated so quickly and why we decided to ban him. I hope that you can appreciate this decision.

By the way, he was also banned from another forum (for the same reason) so there seems to be a pattern here.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bluewine has been banned

Is this thread locked?

Never mind.

Hey, man, you do what you gotta do. This is your sandbox. No worries here.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Is this thread locked?

Never mind.

Hey, man, you do what you gotta do. This is your sandbox. No worries here.
    Hmm, must admit - banned from another site for the same reasons sounds ominous.

User Info Menu

My cookies are better than your cookies!

Blue

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

OK.....he's gone. Lets exhibit the integrity of drummers and just move on.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    OK.....he's gone. Lets exhibit the integrity of drummers and just move on.
    A great note to end on. Thanks!