Thread: Lots of Miles, Lots of Gear

User Info Menu

Default Lots of Miles, Lots of Gear

I just thought I'd share a few pictures of the outcome of my most recent journey.

After driving roughly 1300miles in 24 hours I think I'm done driving for a little while, but totally worth it.

Had a blast going on a road trip with my lovely girlfriend.

We left on Saturday around 4pm driving from Colorado Springs to Grand Junction. Got there at 9pm, pick up a load and head home! After getting in at 3am, went to bed and get up to hit the road at 10am. Leaving from Colorado Springs again to drive to Las Vegas.....New Mexico. There I made a trade to a new friend. After we headed, taking our time and enjoying the drive.

But, this is drum chat. SO here is my plunder:

Pearl EXR Chad Smith Influenced kit. 12", 14", 16", 24"
    Unkown brand 14x8 steel snare, appears to be a pearl but not positive.
    Marshall 1x10 Cabinet
    Dean Markley k75 (with jensen 12" speaker)
    Vintage Pearl Concert tom
    Argent (crap) tom

and the coolest part from NM,
    Premier Resonator in Piano Black, circa 1980's 12", 13", 16", 22"
    This kit is in incredible condition. Still has the insert too!
    Also got a DW double tom stand with the kit.

Better Pictures when I get it all set up!
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Default Re: Lots of Miles, Lots of Gear

Wow! Very cool and congrats!

I think of Premier Resonators as a little known jem. I've never owned a set myself, but back in the day (when I was poor) they were at the top of my wish list. I got to play a few of them over the years and really think they are underappreciated by many. Enjoy!
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Man, that's quite the roadtrip Zeta! Congrats on the new gear. I dig the wrap on the Pearls.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

That's awesome. I love the old Premier Resonators! Can't wait to see pics of it all assembled. Oh yeah......the Pearls are nice too. Cool finish.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer5359 View Post

I think of Premier Resonators as a little known jem. I've never owned a set myself, but back in the day (when I was poor) they were at the top of my wish list. I got to play a few of them over the years and really think they are underappreciated by many. Enjoy!
    Thanks Man!

I can't believe these didn't get more popularity. Die Cast hoops, incredible shells, Some of the highest quality control standards i've ever seen on a kit.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Ooooooh Resonators! You lucky, lucky person.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Wow what a haul!! Both kits look like they're in amazing shape.

User Info Menu

Premiers are really good. Are those the ones with the normal tension rod heads or the rounded off ones with the slots?

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Man, that's quite the roadtrip Zeta! Congrats on the new gear. I dig the wrap on the Pearls.
    Thanks PB! Yeah the Pearls I only bought because of the finish! They aren't really anything special as far as quality but they sure are pretty! lol

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    That's awesome. I love the old Premier Resonators! Can't wait to see pics of it all assembled. Oh yeah......the Pearls are nice too. Cool finish.
    Yeah! Hopefully I can do a small photo shoot and write a review and full details of the kit....Oh yeah, the Pearls are cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Wow what a haul!! Both kits look like they're in amazing shape.
    The Pearls need an afternoon of tlc but the Premiers are just about as amazing as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Premiers are really good. Are those the ones with the normal tension rod heads or the rounded off ones with the slots?

all the best...
    These ones are with the standard tension rod head. But I have a set of Sonor S Class's that have the slotted rods you are describing.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer5359 View Post

Agreed. I know a guy that had a set and sold them off after picking up a Vision birch kit. I thought the resonators were miles better sounding, but to each his own.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Agreed. I know a guy that had a set and sold them off after picking up a Vision birch kit. I thought the resonators were miles better sounding, but to each his own.
    Holy cow, Thats a huge downgrade. I've had my hands on Visions, and while they are very good drums, they are quite a bit behind the Resonators
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Was able to snag this with my phone after I setup. I haven't had my toms offset since my old M Birch kit. I've gotten the toms tuned up pretty well so far, and put an SKI on the batter for the kick.

Very unique sounding drums, very warm, lots of body. But they still have a large amount of attack as well.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

That's looking good. I love the rods on the bass drum.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    That's looking good. I love the rods on the bass drum.
    Thanks Weezy!

I don't know if you noticed the pink floor tom legs. But when I made the trade the original 12mm legs didn't make it to my car, so while waiting for them in the mail I took some 10.3mm legs I had and used my heat shrink tubing to beef them up enough to fit!

Perfect solution for when sizes are a little off!
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Resonators are so cool. I am not sure how many kits actually got ordered and made it to North America, but I do remember drooling over the catalogue which featured the big black double bass kit with 4 toms up and a floor. It is also cool that your kit is so original and still had the original front kick head. You might want to experiment though and replace it. I found after time, all heads lose their tone. When I discovered this I was actually quite surprised, I had a Pearl Masters kick with the original head and was not getting a sound out of the drum. The front head was mint and I highly doubted it was the culprit, but it was. A new front head just transformed it and brought the drum to life.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

That's a really nice kit. You'll never find another original bass reso head.....I would probably change ALL the heads and keep the Premier originals in storage for safe keeping.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Resonator's are totally ratchet. Nice score
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Zeta : When I was a kid, my family had no money so vacation was usually a week of camping. My favorite spot was a place we called Tres Rios, near Las Vegas, New Mexico...............a beautiful area.
    Wish I had a gig there.................thanks for sharing.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by signia fan View Post
    Resonators are so cool. I am not sure how many kits actually got ordered and made it to North America, but I do remember drooling over the catalogue which featured the big black double bass kit with 4 toms up and a floor. It is also cool that your kit is so original and still had the original front kick head. You might want to experiment though and replace it. I found after time, all heads lose their tone. When I discovered this I was actually quite surprised, I had a Pearl Masters kick with the original head and was not getting a sound out of the drum. The front head was mint and I highly doubted it was the culprit, but it was. A new front head just transformed it and brought the drum to life.
    No worries! I've changed pretty much all of the heads. He had pinstripes over classic clears on the toms and a power stroke 3 with the original reso on the kick.

Now I'm running EC2's over classic clears, with a SKI and unported white Regulator.

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    That's a really nice kit. You'll never find another original bass reso head.....I would probably change ALL the heads and keep the Premier originals in storage for safe keeping.
    Only the redo for the kick was original, now its hanging on my wall lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    Resonator's are totally ratchet. Nice score
    Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Zeta : When I was a kid, my family had no money so vacation was usually a week of camping. My favorite spot was a place we called Tres Rios, near Las Vegas, New Mexico...............a beautiful area.
    Wish I had a gig there.................thanks for sharing.
    Ricardo, Thats awesome. It was a blast of a trip reminded me of the road trips my family used to take cross country when we lived in Arizona
    -Steven