Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dream kit

User Info Menu

Default Dream kit

Sorry guys, I feel like ive been thread whoring lately but I saw the Dream cymbal thread by hellride and I looked for a dream kit thread but didn't see one sooooo here it is I guess.

Punk kit:
    Pink acrylic kit with white or black hardware
    14 x 6 Snare
    10 x 12 Tom
    14 x 16 Floor Tom
    22 x 24 Kick

Multi purpose kit
    Some sexy Mapex 6 piece kit
    12 x 8 tom
    14 x 14 floor tom
    16 x 14 floor toms
    22 x 24 kick
    14 x 6 snare drum

User Info Menu

Default Re: Dream kit

I like the sound of that punk kit!

for me it would be,

gretsch new classic, ocean sparkle

4 piece 12 14 22
    14x6.5 matching snare and alternate 6.5x14 brass.
    don't put off till tomorrow what you can put off today

User Info Menu

I own my dream kit. =]

EDIT: For the sake of topic, my "dream" kit would include every size of every drum possible for my current kit. Not so I can use them all at once, but so I can swap out different sizes for different genres/sounds.
    Drums:
    Ludwig Classic Maple
    Tama Starclassic Performer

Cymbals:
    20" K ride
    20" K custom dry ride
    16" A custom crash
    14" New Beat hats
    14" K custom dark crash
    Ensembles
    Oregon Crusaders (DCI) 09 - bass 4
    OC Indoor (WGI) '10 - Snare 3rd place PIO
    OC Indoor (WGI) '11 - Snare PIW FINALIST!
    University of Oregon marching band '09 '10 '11 - Snare

User Info Menu

DW collectors 2 26" bass drums with a 20" bass with double pedal with 8,10,12,13,14,16,18, and 24 gong drum with edge drum Maple mahogany with quilted maple finish. And a lot of saban cymbals to have different sounds
    Sabian!!!

User Info Menu

My problem is that most of the kits that I call a dream kit will always be just that - a dream. Several kits that made me salivate have come and gone, so unless I get a shot at them used, it just won't happen. Also, they would have to come along when I have a few extra duckets available.

For now, I'm playing my dream kit, because the dream was to have a kit and play drums.

Livin' the dream:

2007 Gretsch Catalina Maple 6 piece with a substitute snare - 14x5.5 Mapex Black Panther Deep Forest Cherry

Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I also own my dream kit (Pork Pie 6-piece in turquoise sparkle). I guess the only improvements I would make would be if I could have my shells rewrapped in turquoise broken glass sparkle and have all of the hardware white powdercoated.

With that said, there are a few that I'd like to play just for the heck of it. Here are a few brands that I'd like to lay into a few times just for kicks:

1. Something by Craviotto.
    2. C&C with that crazy abalone finish
    3. I'd like to play a Brady kit, in particular one with the Jarrah ply finish.
    4. I'd like to play around on a few DW Collectors kits, in particular some broken glass kits in addition to ones that have those crazy burl finishes
    5. I'd like to play around with one of those SJC glow kits

Once again, I'm really happy with what I have.

User Info Menu

My "dream" kit would be one that I custom build myself (at least the shells). The shell design and material I want, lugs & hardware I want, finish I want...but all assembled and finished myself. That's easy enough to do with all the drum building supply places, but the right cymbals and snare would be the hard part.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    My problem is that most of the kits that I call a dream kit will always be just that - a dream. Several kits that made me salivate have come and gone, so unless I get a shot at them used, it just won't happen. Also, they would have to come along when I have a few extra duckets available.

For now, I'm playing my dream kit, because the dream was to have a kit and play drums.

Livin' the dream:

2007 Gretsch Catalina Maple 6 piece with a substitute snare - 14x5.5 Mapex Black Panther Deep Forest Cherry

And with that reply, that pretty much sums it up........... GOODNIGHT AND DRIVE SAFE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

yamaha phoenix kit for me
    out of range for me $$$$$$$

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Mine would be the one I already own. My mapex Saturn.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    14x6 mapex stainless steel snare
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

I purchased a Mapex Meridian Birch about three years ago. It's in the honey amber finish. I think it's beautiful, and I get many compliments on it. I have no yearning for anything else, but I think the Yamaha Hybrid kits are nice.

However, when it comes to snares, I'm always on the lookout to add to my collection. Seven and counting.

John

User Info Menu

I don't know,maybe a nice NATAL set( babinga )

User Info Menu

i own most of dream kits link below

just need that elusive brady now

User Info Menu

I'm with Pastor Bob, own my dream kit. Well except owning a real original Ringo played it Beatles Kit ;-)

DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

I dont even know what my dream kit is. The kit I have is pretty good. I guess I'd like an acrylic kit.

User Info Menu

I've been yearning for my "dream kit" since I was 5 years old. I wasn't sure what it would eventually turn out to be but it has taken 49 years (I'm 54) to finally reach this point in my life where I could afford to bring one home. I wish each and every one of you could have an opportunity to experience what I considered "A Once in a Lifetime Moment"...

From the store-

To home:

Gretsch USA Custom in Ebony lacquer with Sabian HHX:

User Info Menu

Fantastic! American Gretsch!
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

that is a beautiful gretsch kit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post
    Fantastic! American Gretsch!
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by kindadinosaur View Post
    that is a beautiful gretsch kit
    Thanks kindadinosaur! Great thread you started!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post
    I'm with Pastor Bob, own my dream kit. Well except owning a real original Ringo played it Beatles Kit ;-)

Wow!! nice nice nice!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post

Livin' the dream:

Love the finish on this kit Bob!! Goregous!

User Info Menu

I own a "dream kit" for many. When I got it I knew it would do everything I ever wanted it too,and that I would never need another. Still I can't help but admire a beautiful drumset. These days its a Brady jarrah ply in purple satin turtleback that keeps calling to me.

Collectors Black Ice Finishply
    10x8,12x9,15x12,16x14,20x18,24x16
    14X6 Collectors 10 and 6 snare Natural Satin
    14x8 Collectors Black Nickel over Brass

User Info Menu

I own a handful of dreamy kits.

But I really wish that I didn't have 2 kits in Piano Black. I wish one of them was in a Green Sparkle.

But if I only could have 1 kit, based on sound and desirability it would be my Camco's, with the finish in better condition.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Drumming is really no different than everything else in life. Most if not all people find the greatest satisfaction out of wanting and then acquiring things. Once that possession is owned the brain then tends to focus on the next item or goal. The fun is in the getting there.
    There is a very wealthy home builder in my area, well lots them actually, but one guy I learned owns 10 or 11 Porsche Carrera GT's. The same car Paul Walker recently died in, the y are roughly a $900,000 car. I really believe he does not recognize his own psychology. To me it seems clear, he gets a rush, satisfies the craving, by seeking out and finding the purchase. Then once it is in his garage, that rush ends, he achieved the goal so he needs to fill that hole he now has and he starts the search process again. I have gone thru this scenario (on a much more humble scale) many times before I actually connected the dots. Case in point, I built a street strip Mustang years ago, I did all the work from the engine build to the frame, paint, etc. this took about 3 years and I enjoyed it immensely, thinking all the time of the joy of finishing and driving it. Funny thing though, once it was finished, I was left bored and empty feeling. It was done, the journey completed and thus the mental thrill of the journey ended also.
    I have done this with drums and landed my dream kit many times, and it is the same deal, once I get it, the brain has to find the "next" dream kit. This thought process I guess is how most of us are wired, the desire to achieve.

OK amateur psychology lesson over.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

Standard 5 pc. TITANIUM!
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/