Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Made Tenors

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default Made Tenors

    I made Tenors for my senior year really glad. Any tip/ advise anything
    Sabian!!!

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Sing like you stole it.

    Congrats, BTW!!!
    Signature here

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by HolyChina View Post
    I made Tenors for my senior year really glad. Any tip/ advise anything
    Get in shape! Seriously, work your stamina so that you can focus on playing instead of surviving. My first time playing tenors was when I went out for and made a Top 12 DCI drum line. I had always played snare in high school.

    Best of luck!

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Awesome news...Congrats HolyChina!

    Check this out. Produced by UCM Marching Band. Page #9 Tenor Technique

    https://www.ucmo.edu/music/bands/med...ook%202012.pdf

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Nice! Just like what xSabers said, work on your endurance, for sure.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

    668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

    "A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    endurance isn't really a problem i played bass #5 which is my schools biggest base and before band camp the past two years i worked my way up to running for 2 miles. That and also I'm an athlete
    Sabian!!!

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by HolyChina View Post
    I made Tenors for my senior year really glad. Any tip/ advise anything
    Congratulations!!!!!

    Advice? Yes. Sing in the shower.

    That way, when your mom walks by and hears you, she can grab her iphone really quickly, and return to stand outside the door to record you. Blissfully unaware, you fill the bathroom with your gorgeous song, getting in a thorough and effective practice session, feeling super uninhibited because of your assumed privacy, and your mom gets a memento to cherish for life.

    This has never happened before. Just a thought for you. ;-)

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by *arabian*jewel* View Post
    Congratulations!!!!!

    Advice? Yes. Sing in the shower.

    That way, when your mom walks by and hears you, she can grab her iphone really quickly, and return to stand outside the door to record you. Blissfully unaware, you fill the bathroom with your gorgeous song, getting in a thorough and effective practice session, feeling super uninhibited because of your assumed privacy, and your mom gets a memento to cherish for life.

    This has never happened before. Just a thought for you. ;-)
    You do realize that in this case, he's not a singing tenor but playing marching tenor drums, right? He could play his drums in the shower though and...

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    You do realize that in this case, he's not a singing tenor but playing marching tenor drums, right?
    She's from Minnesota, 'splains everything don't it?

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    You do realize that in this case, he's not a singing tenor but playing marching tenor drums, right? He could play his drums in the shower though and...
    Nope. Absolutely no clue. Hilarious. I considered it but failed to do a google search. Yep. From Minnesota!

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by *arabian*jewel* View Post
    Nope. Absolutely no clue. Hilarious. I considered it but failed to do a google search. Yep. From Minnesota!
    or in more appropriate Minnesotan..............you betcha

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    or in more appropriate Minnesotan..............you betcha

    HaHa!!!! Listen. If you were to talk to me on the phone you'd conclude: a) She's thirteen. b) She's high on sugar.
    c) She's from somewhere in the DEEEEEP South.

    Not a hint in my accent, or vernacular, of the great Minnesota.

    (Last night, as I dangled at a severe angle from some potentially horrifying ride (hadn't ridden it before....turns out it was nothing lol) the guy operating it demanded to know where in the South I had hailed from before he'd start the ride. LOL)

    So, what I'm trying to convey here, is that I'm a counterfeit Minnesotan. :-)

    But tis okay, needle me if you must. ;-)

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Wait.....which one are you again?

    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

    668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

    "A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Wait.....which one are you again?


    LOL!!!!!!!!!! The dark haired, largest one.......Duh.

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by *arabian*jewel* View Post
    HaHa!!!! Listen. If you were to talk to me on the phone you'd conclude: a) She's thirteen. b) She's high on sugar.
    c) She's from somewhere in the DEEEEEP South.

    Not a hint in my accent, or vernacular, of the great Minnesota.

    (Last night, as I dangled at a severe angle from some potentially horrifying ride (hadn't ridden it before....turns out it was nothing lol) the guy operating it demanded to know where in the South I had hailed from before he'd start the ride. LOL)

    So, what I'm trying to convey here, is that I'm a counterfeit Minnesotan. :-)

    But tis okay, needle me if you must. ;-)

    That's funny...............You're a transplant to Minnesota and I'm a transplant from...................I do get the "Where are you from" question quite a bit down here.

  16. #16

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    That's funny...............You're a transplant to Minnesota and I'm a transplant from...................I do get the "Where are you from" question quite a bit down here.

    You're a transplant from............. _______? lol Did I miss somethin'?

  17. #17

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by *arabian*jewel* View Post
    You're a transplant from............. _______? lol Did I miss somethin'?
    And please be sure, that I'm nearly certain that I did!!! HA!!!

  18. #18

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    These tenors...

    http://youtu.be/ON2H7tvqG1o

  19. #19

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    Okay, so how cool was that. Awesome. Here's what I would have thought about drums: There's a drum set. (what I used to call it) There's a marching band with drums.....usually strung on around the neck or attached to the gut somehow, I would've thought. (LOL, deep thinker here....) There's a drum line.....with drums around the neck. And there are drums you hunch over and beat with your hands, really fast, tribal like. (congos, bongos?? lol)

    And Tenors, you see, are male singers in the higher range, Pavarotti like.

    And that has been the sum total of my drum 'knowledge.'

    Kinda sad, huh. LOL Thanks for the video link!

  20. #20

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    quints i would be more exact of what they are and it is definitely not singing
    Sabian!!!

  21. #21

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors



    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN
    http://reddirtmountain.com/
    UFiP

  22. #22

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by *arabian*jewel* View Post
    And please be sure, that I'm nearly certain that I did!!! HA!!!
    I grew up in Minnesota...........left for the Army when I turned 17........only went back to visit over the last 28 years

    Still a die-hard Vikings fan!

  23. #23

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post


    LOL well this made me laugh, muchly!!!

    That for me? Haha! It's so good to know....just so comforting!

  24. #24

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    I grew up in Minnesota...........left for the Army when I turned 17........only went back to visit over the last 28 years

    Still a die-hard Vikings fan!

    Cool just so very cool. Where? And why in the world would you ever have left, pray tell?

    Army? Awesome. And thank you. Sincerely.

    And Vikings? You're a very loyal human, oh my!!!!! I loved the Carter, Moss days. When they were incredible, they were incredible. lol Sigh......

  25. #25

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Made Tenors

    thought you might like that jewel

    I use to love the North Stars uni's and colors. I have a lot of old hockey cards from the 70's and 80's. They are fun to look at once in awhile, notice the Budweiser sign on the boards blotted out. I'm from northern California and followed the California Golden Seals. The Seals folded and turned into the Cleveland Barons and then they merged with Minnesota after two years. The goalie on the right is Gilles Meloche and I remember seeing him at a game in Oakland when he was on the Seals. Actually there are a few old Seals players in this picture.

    Last edited by slinky; 06-07-2014 at 05:18 PM.
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN
    http://reddirtmountain.com/
    UFiP

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •