Thread: Me age 7 lol!

User Info Menu

Default Me age 7 lol!

Hi,
    I have just watched this film of me, when I was 7 and I would have been playing about 5 or 6 months. I can't believe the faces I used to pull, but that is how playing makes me feel inside, after lots of practise,I can stop my self pulling the faces now!! but they sometimes still happen.
    Bridie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF1n...7C10A0&index=4

User Info Menu

Default Re: Me age 7 lol!

That's great Bridie! You had(and still have) very good rhythm. Love the faces. I wish more people would smile and look like they are having fun while playing.

Keep up the great work!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I think that by the time you are 20, they are going to declare you a "National Treasure".

User Info Menu

So nice to see a girl that has stuck with it and is a good drummer. Thanks for sharing

User Info Menu

What a ham. You're such a cutie!

User Info Menu

And you take a year off of my life every time you hit that crash cymbal! God that thing is horrible! LOL

User Info Menu

makes me wish my parents recorded my playing when i was younger
    Sabian!!!

User Info Menu

Awesome vids Bridie! As drummer stated, what a ham! You are very fortunate to have a great portfolio of videos started so that you can look back and see how you've progressed and matured as a drummer over the years. I think that you're a good drummer and have progressed very well.

Coming from someone who has been told that I look to serious when I play, why not let the expressions come through. I'm not talking about the "being a goof in front of the camera" expressions, although those do have their place and time as well. What I'm talking about is letting how the music and playing drums makes you feel inside shine through. There's nothing wrong with that is there? Why try to suppress it? Personally, I think that it would probably make you a better drummer by allowing yourself to feel what's inside when you play. Let your audience not only hear what you feel when you play, but let them see it as well. For me, it would take a lot more work to play the drums because a portion of my focus would be lost on suppressing emotions and facial expressions.
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrummerD View Post
    Awesome vids Bridie! As drummer stated, what a ham! You are very fortunate to have a great portfolio of videos started so that you can look back and see how you've progressed and matured as a drummer over the years. I think that you're a good drummer and have progressed very well.

Coming from someone who has been told that I look to serious when I play, why not let the expressions come through. I'm not talking about the "being a goof in front of the camera" expressions, although those do have their place and time as well. What I'm talking about is letting how the music and playing drums makes you feel inside shine through. There's nothing wrong with that is there? Why try to suppress it? Personally, I think that it would probably make you a better drummer by allowing yourself to feel what's inside when you play. Let your audience not only hear what you feel when you play, but let them see it as well. For me, it would take a lot more work to play the drums because a portion of my focus would be lost on suppressing emotions and facial expressions.
    Thank you! I watch these old films and spot all the mistakes I am doing! I am playing open, back before I switched, because I am left handed. I think my shoulders are hunched because I couldn't reach the hats properly, now I am taller it is easier!
    I think when I am playing at a gig, I do get into it more, but if someone sticks a camera in may face and asks me to play I would not be as relaxed I don't think.

Bridie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    And you take a year off of my life every time you hit that crash cymbal! God that thing is horrible! LOL
    Lol!
    you hurt my feelings!
    just kidding, I was a cheap cymbal, well I still have quite cheap ones, but one day I am sure I will have some nice ones

Bridie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
    Lol!
    you hurt my feelings!
    just kidding, I was a cheap cymbal, well I still have quite cheap ones, but one day I am sure I will have some nice ones

Bridie
    Ha-ha! Well, tell your dad it's time for him to shell out some money for some decent gear. You've earned it. You've practiced hard and you're a fine player for your age. Tell him if he doesn't buy you some new cymbals, the DrumChat gang is going to come up there and have a talkin' to him!

User Info Menu

That was awesome Bridie! I have a granddaughter that will turn 7 this year. I'm going to show her that video. BTW, I love Booker T. and the MG's.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

That made my day! Wonderful video! The first song I learned was Green Onions by Booker T and the MGs - Al Jackson is awesome!

User Info Menu

Very, very cool Bridie!
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

thanks! I am glad you liked it, it is also proof I play other styles, not just rock/metal!

Bridie

User Info Menu

Very cute vid Bridie
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Made me smile!! Thanks for the post!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    That's great Bridie! You had(and still have) very good rhythm. Love the faces. I wish more people would smile and look like they are having fun while playing.

Keep up the great work!
    As long as they all don't look like Rod Morganstein when he plays....he looks a little too happy. But one of the few lefty players out there, like me!
    Yamaha Stage Custom 6 pc
    Assorted Zildjian
    Gibraltar hardware
    Zildjian laminate sticks
    LOTS of snares
    AQUARIAN heads