Thread: From 2005 Moby D ICK

User Info Menu

Default From 2005 Moby D ick

Me and a couple friends Jamming out at a benefit gig in 2005. Loved that Ludwig kit.
    The clip starts with the end of Welcome to the jungle , then goes into Moby.
    http://youtu.be/6H1Hh_Wpdjw
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 01-24-2014 at 11:16 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: From 2005 Moby D ICK

First time Iv'e view'd it bud, Solid Solid Solid.
    Woulda loved to here a mix from the board instead of a pin sized recording camera mike, but hey what can ya do. Keep em coming.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Very nice, NP! Considering the bad recording, you guys sounded pretty good....I'm sure it was much better on stage. Anyway, the Sonors sounded especially awesome...which configuration did you use ?

User Info Menu

NPYYZ, that was fun, and you have talent my friend! Thanks for sharing that, and feel free to share another videos!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nio View Post
    Very nice, NP! Considering the bad recording, you guys sounded pretty good....I'm sure it was much better on stage. Anyway, the Sonors sounded especially awesome...which configuration did you use ?
    There ludwigs, and Great playing I really enjoyed that. Sorry to hear you got rid of Ludwigs9 What were you thinkin lol)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    First time Iv'e view'd it bud, Solid Solid Solid.
    Woulda loved to here a mix from the board instead of a pin sized recording camera mike, but hey what can ya do. Keep em coming.
    Yeah , the sound quality ins't that good. There was no board mix, nothing was mic'ed. That was the sound coming of thestage. It was a last minute thing we did to help raise some moey for a family in need.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nio View Post
    Thanks, that was my ludwig kit I had back in 2005. Classic maple kit with 26x16 kick, 13x9 tom, 16x16 FL tom, 18x16FL tom. The snare was a pearl Ian Paice signature snare.

That video was shot in July of 2005 , in Feburary of 2006 I was diagnosed with head and neck cancer so I had to sell kit to cover expenses. I then spent the next 4 years playing Yamaha E-drums and switched back to acoustic's in 2010 when I was given the "All Clear" by my Dr.

User Info Menu

You must have had this posted somewhere else.

I saw this vid and posted a comment but I don't see it here.

Anyway, it sounded great and I had to rewatch a couple times.

More cowbell.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Glad to hear that you got the "all clear." I'll bet you have a little different outlook on life now.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I liked it. Im not a drummer, but I listen to my son all day. So coming from someone who only listens, I give you a thumbs up.
    Glad you have your health back.

User Info Menu

Bravooooooo sir. Glad to hear you're recovering from the setback as well.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

, cool dude.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Wow, just watched a ton of videos from the community here and came across this one of mine that was recorded in 2005, just months before I went through cancer. It's great to be alive and still drumming. Man I miss that kit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Wow, just watched a ton of videos from the community here and came across this one of mine that was recorded in 2005, just months before I went through cancer. It's great to be alive and still drumming. Man I miss that kit.
    First of all NPYYZ...I'm glad that you're still here with us after battling cancer!

This is my first time seeing this video. Great job!
    I also liked the fact that the guitar player showed some respect and stepped aside when it came to your fill so he wasn't blocking the audience view.

I originally asked what happened to your kit, but edited my post after seeing the reason above. Sorry you had to sell it NPYYZ. However, it was for a good cause.
    Last edited by DrummerD; 07-27-2014 at 02:29 PM.
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman