Thread: Camco

User Info Menu

Default Camco

So I recently did a trade with someone and he threw in a pair of Camco single pedals. They look pretty old but function fine (other than the fact that neither one came with a beater, but besides that...)
    My question is, what are Camco single pedals usually worth? I definitely don't need 2 of them so I may sell at least one and I have never even seen one of these before. The only writing on it at all is Camco.

Any help is apreciated!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Camco

Quote Originally Posted by pcs90 View Post
    So I recently did a trade with someone and he threw in a pair of Camco single pedals. They look pretty old but function fine (other than the fact that neither one came with a beater, but besides that...)
    My question is, what are Camco single pedals usually worth? I definitely don't need 2 of them so I may sell at least one and I have never even seen one of these before. The only writing on it at all is Camco.

Any help is apreciated!
    Pics would really help.

with an ebay search to get a basic idea...

The older 60's style ran from: $80-$125

newer style: $40-$60

Of course these are asking / Buy It Now prices...not necessarily what they're worth. One can get a general idea though.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 08-21-2014 at 05:38 PM.

User Info Menu

I have one of the older 60's ones that came with my Camco kit a couple years ago.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

What are the differences between the newer and older versions?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcs90 View Post
    What are the differences between the newer and older versions?
    Camco made the older ones. After the DW/Tama buyout Tama began manufacturing them. Still the same pedal, just anything 60's Camco is highly desirable.

Its funny because the DW5000 and Iron Cobra are both based on the Camco pedal.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Don't the newer ones also have Tama on them somewhere, then? or no? I will try to get a picture tomorrow, but the only writing at all is Camco.

User Info Menu

If the pedal looks like a 5000 footboard with Camco written on it, then it's an older Camco one. If it says Camco by Tama and is a somewhat plain grey footboard it's a "Tamco" pedal and not as desirable, but not a bad pedal. In fact it's almost the same pedal, the main differences are the foot pedal, and then the hinge.

This is the older Camco Pedal:

This is the "Tamco" pedal:

The only two constants I have are DW and Zildjian.

User Info Menu

I have an old gretsch pedal exact mold,looks the same except says gretsch on it.(the older version) I put a sealed rear hinge bearing (DW) on it and it fit perfect.I use it as a spare or as a matter of fact not at all.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 08-23-2014 at 03:58 AM.

User Info Menu

my Gretsch floating action is a Camco pedal. Exactly as pictured above.

all the best...

User Info Menu

That's right! kay-gee, the one and the same.