Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The DIY thread

User Info Menu

Default Re: The DIY thread

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Here's my mounting of a cowbell on a tube on a 14" Pearl FT using a splash cymbal clamp.
    The FT was a rack tom so I used its mount bracket to hold the old, cut, mounting tube.
    Didn't mean to overlook your very resourceful idea. I was just overwhelmed by the lamps !

So for how long after converting RT to FT, did you stare at that superfluous mounting clamp ? I can just imagine it calling out to you : "hello, empty clamp here.. Use me for something !"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoePasko View Post
    So for how long after converting RT to FT, did you stare at that superfluous mounting clamp ? I can just imagine it calling out to you : "hello, empty clamp here.. Use me for something !"
    I guess about 2 months...when I realized I had no splash to mount and a cowbell mount on the kick made the cowbell almost unreachable. Then I found an old pearl tube and the rest is history.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

I had some old tambourines lying around and figured I'd try something. I made a Ching ring. Cut out a circle from and old head and used some bent finishing nails. 10 jingles in total. I used a string to measure the circumference, then divided that by 5 to give me the exact distance from each jingle. Pretty fun little project. Free and easy.

I typed this because I thought I would be able to post the picture. Guess I was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike