Anyone know anything about H B drums ?
    thanks , ronnie

User Info Menu

Default Re: hb drums

yeah i ad one HB Predator Elite Series for a year and it serv me well
    hardware are cheap drum are fine
    what do you look for

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Never heard of them sorry..
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

I never really played an HB, but I bought one and fixed it up for a friend of mine. Meaning I took off the wrapped and re-painted it. The shells were decent, except the floor tom was a different wood, some kind of mahogony, than the other toms and kick. So becareful, those bargain drum sets generally aren't worth it. They don't keep much resale value when you can find a name brand kit like an Export or a Rockstar for around 300 used.
    All the Best,
    Tom

Drums:
    Ddrum Dominion Dorian 5-piece Kit
    24x18 kick
    13x9 mounted
    14x14 floor
    16x14 floor
    14x4.5 Ludwig Acrolite
    14x11 Custom Yamaha marching snare on floor tom legs

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that
    count. It's the life in your years. --Abraham Lincoln

Larrysperf Guest

Doesnt Bare naked ladies drummer play them

User Info Menu

Here you go

hbdrums.com
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

I'd look at a good used kit over a cheap new kit. Just my $.02
    DW Collector's Series ~ Zildjian cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie51 View Post
    Anyone know anything about H B drums ?
    thanks , ronnie

Ive never seen or heard them up close but believe they are an entry level imported kit.

If youre looking to buy some I would suggest a used kit with some cymbals for the same price.

Good luck in your decision.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Made in surf city california ? 14x 6.5 brass snare $ 143.20.
    Plus sale prices on all drum stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie51 View Post
    Made in surf city california ? 14x 6.5 brass snare $ 143.20.
    Plus sale prices on all drum stuff.
    Company may be in Cali, but I'm betting they were NOT made in the U.S.

User Info Menu

Some quotes from their site:

"Why should I buy HB Drums? Because you will look better and attract the opposite sex to a much greater degree...you will also experience the great HB value featuring solid birch shells and quality components and accessories at very reasonable prices."

"How are Birch shell drums ranked compared with other shell woods? Birch shells are the most requested wood by professionals as evidenced by several surveys worldwide. Other shells materials may be less costly or more specialized whereas Birch characteristics are superior for both volume and tone. Birch shell drums are used in both the recording studio and live performances."

Here's some of their kits. I'm really digging some of these set ups!

User Info Menu

I had one for around 3 years. Like somone else said the hardware is cheap. But the drums sound good with the right head combination. I have the drums recorded on www.myspace.com/oxypromine that is my old band and we were new at the recording game. but they sound really good. and they sounded killer live to.
    Life, like drumming, is only as good as you make it.

User Info Menu

I have read many discussions on this company on other forums. It seams to be hit and miss. This guy orders from somewhere off shore. Some people have had good luck and get what they are paying for and others tell horror stories about out of round or cracked shells, bad bearing edges and broken parts.

Just be careful.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Do NOT waste your hard earned money on these! The QC is non existent and the customer service is very poor imo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JayW View Post
    Some quotes from their site:

"Why should I buy HB Drums? Because you will look better and attract the opposite sex to a much greater degree...you will also experience the great HB value featuring solid birch shells and quality components and accessories at very reasonable prices."

"How are Birch shell drums ranked compared with other shell woods? Birch shells are the most requested wood by professionals as evidenced by several surveys worldwide. Other shells materials may be less costly or more specialized whereas Birch characteristics are superior for both volume and tone. Birch shell drums are used in both the recording studio and live performances."

Here's some of their kits. I'm really digging some of these set ups!

That's what rice beer for breakfast will do for you! lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumhedd View Post
    Do NOT waste your hard earned money on these! The QC is non existent and the customer service is very poor imo.
    Yes I also agree. I ordered a snare from them and crummy customer service! And who uses tom arms anyhow these days! JUNK!

User Info Menu

So I know this is a super old thread but... I just picked up the deal of the week... local girl on a FB sales thread posted up a 6 piece drum set for sale. It is in pieces... but she just wants it gone out of her house. I asked how much for everything she has and guess what she said?!!?

$20 for everything!
    SOLD!!

User Info Menu

Awesome. We need pics! They would make a great candidate for re-finishing or just a re-wrap. Or...a jungle kit like the one I made. Heck, It's worth $20 just for the extra tension rods, LOL
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Anyone heard of grivitto drums why a they so dam expensive its just not on give me a pearl export and I'll make em sound just as good hell.

User Info Menu

Way to go Bonham