Thread: Paiste Alpha vs Paiste Alpha Boomer

Nielso Guest

Default Paiste Alpha vs Paiste Alpha Boomer

Hello! Can someone tell me the difference between Paiste Alpha and Paiste Alpha Boomer? I am talking about the quality.
    I am looking for some new cymbals and I just want to know the answer. MAYBE I'll buy a 17" crash of one of these 2, but I am not sure about that. Maybe I'll go for a more expensive crash.
    Anyway, if you know the answer, tell me please!

Oh yeah I play rock and metal so if you know a good 16" or 17" crash and a 14" hihat together for 550 euros (that's like 712$), just tell me too!

Sorry that I posted a new thread AGAIN!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Paiste Alpha vs Paiste Alpha Boomer

if you're paying in euros i assume you're in europe, I suggest you see if you can find Anatolian, Instanbul Mehmet, Istanbul Agop, Soultone. They are all handmade in Turkey, and are about 2/3 the price of the major brands...also used is a good way!
    Last edited by jgziegler; 09-08-2014 at 04:38 AM.
    Yamaha DTX 500 module
    Anatolian Kappadokia 14" Rock High Hats
    Sabian El Sabor 20" Ride
    Zildjian A 18" Crash Ride
    Istanbul Agop 16" Trash Hit
    1950's Zildjian 14" Splash/light crash
    Istanbul 8" Splash (pre 1997)
    Mapex Black Panther Steel Piccolo
    1965 Premier 3 piece 10, 16, 22

User Info Menu

I was pretty sure they were the same thing.

Nielso Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jgziegler View Post
    if you're paying in euros i assume you're in europe, I suggest you see if you can find Anatolian, Instanbul Mehmet, Istanbul Agop, Soultone. They are all handmade in Turkey, and are about 2/3 the price of the major brands...also used is a good way!
    Yeah, you are not the first person who says Istanbul is good. I Think I like the Istanbul Mehmet Xperience Xmetal 17" crash and 14" hihat. Only 1 problem. I can't test them because there is no shop here with these cymbals. Only the onlineshops have these cymbals. So are these good? I have a meinl mb20 heavy bell ride 22" and a Meinl Generation X Toms becken 18". You think it will fit togheter? And are these cymbals medium or heavy?

Nielso Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nielso View Post
    Yeah, you are not the first person who says Istanbul is good. I Think I like the Istanbul Mehmet Xperience Xmetal 17" crash and 14" hihat. Only 1 problem. I can't test them because there is no shop here with these cymbals. Only the onlineshops have these cymbals. So are these good? I have a meinl mb20 heavy bell ride 22" and a Meinl Generation X Toms becken 18". You think it will fit togheter? And are these cymbals medium or heavy?
    ? Can somebody answer my question?

User Info Menu

? Can somebody answer my question?
    As for the cymbals are a setup and how they will sound together/ If they will blend I think they'll blend well but also sound different in their own ways (good thing) But if the Istys sound good thats up to you see Mp3's youtube videoss
    "I don’t think a drummer should have to show off to get noticed. You’re like the conductor of a train. You keep the train on the tracks – let everybody else worry about everything else.” -Nathan Followill.

Grear List
    Cymbals: Zildjian K
    15" Light Hi Hats
    14" Hi Hats
    18" Dark Thin Crash
    19" Dark Thin Crash
    22" Light Ride
    Drum Kit: Gretsch Catalina Maple
    12/14/20
    Snare: Ludwig
    Epic 14"x5.5 Soon to be upgraded.

Keep the Peace!

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Nielso;609271]Hello! Can someone tell me the difference between Paiste Alpha and Paiste Alpha Boomer? I am talking about the quality.

As far as I can ascertain they are pretty much the same thing. The difference is the Boomer versions are a sub line of Alphas that are slightly heavier than the regular versions (more cutting - and Paiste claim they are more suitable for louder musical genres), they have light blue screen printed logos instead of the regular black logo.

As for quality they should be of the same quality as regular Alphas. I have never heard Alpha boomers in person so I cannot comment on how they sound.

Nielso Guest

[QUOTE=crispycritters;610419]
    Hello! Can someone tell me the difference between Paiste Alpha and Paiste Alpha Boomer? I am talking about the quality.

As far as I can ascertain they are pretty much the same thing. The difference is the Boomer versions are a sub line of Alphas that are slightly heavier than the regular versions (more cutting - and Paiste claim they are more suitable for louder musical genres), they have light blue screen printed logos instead of the regular black logo.

As for quality they should be of the same quality as regular Alphas. I have never heard Alpha boomers in person so I cannot comment on how they sound.
    Thanks for the info! That's what i wanted to know

User Info Menu

I've always wanted to try out Paiste cymbals. Good information