Thread: Sabian Cymbal Vote video

User Info Menu

Talking Sabian Cymbal Vote video

I recently watched the sabian cymbal vote video to see a performance of the HHX smoky ride and the AAX Tremor. But I couldn't help but to laugh when the drummer played the holes of the sick hats and the aero crash! Also the interesting crash choke. What really got my attention was when he scraped his stick across the AAX Tremor. Quite an interesting sound. I've never really seen cymbals played like that. Maybe I need to experiment a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian Cymbal Vote video

I didn't care for any of those cymbals.

User Info Menu

Other than the aero crashes none of those cymbals would be of any use to me. I do like the sound of the smoky ride but it wouldn't fit with my taste in music or my other cymbals.

Those hi hats just seem bizarre to me. I'm not sure if that top hat would outlast a pair of sticks in my hands given my very limited abilities. Does anyone ever play holes in cymbals? Or is this a case of "look we've made these niche cymbals that no-one else manufacturers and you can do THIS with them"?

User Info Menu

I like that these companies are pushing out innovations in cymbal designs, but every once in awhile it's like ehh.. Look at all those holes! That's a cracked cymbal just waiting to happen. Are they going to refund you when it breaks? It might be nice to use on a crash stack but I wouldn't trust it on it's own. Imagine the headaches of getting your sticks stuck in the hole, too.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I agree that none of these cymbals serve any use to me, but I just thought the playing techniques were quite different.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike