Thread: E kit advice

User Info Menu

Default E kit advice

Need a little direction to get me started here.

Here's the deal...I have a self imposed stop every night at 9:00 pm on practicing. This has served me very well and I have never had a complaint. However, I really would like to practice later into the night.

So an E-kit seems like a good fit for this. I don't have the first clue where to start. I don't need anything even close to top-of-the-line. It will never get used for gigs and all I really need is the equivalent of a 4-piece kit, hats, ride, and 2 crashes. I want to be able to plug in my ipod or metronome, put some ear buds in, and go. Durability is important to me, but so is price.

Any thoughts from the DC crowd?

Tex

User Info Menu

Default Re: E kit advice

Well crud - just realized there is a forum just for these. Sorry for posting in the wrong section.

User Info Menu

Mesh heads, that would be my main concern,
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Before spending couple or more hundred bucks, I would recommend trying drum mufflers like this:

Works for me.

User Info Menu

Convert your kit or buy a $100 generic kit and convert it for about $40 per drum.

Mesh heads+triggers+module+cymbals.

It will feel more like what you are used to playing (with normal sized drums)

Find a used module and some misc pieces from Craigslist/Ebay and you are set for under $500