Thread: The road to chopsville...

User Info Menu

Default The road to chopsville...

It's a long journey on the road to find the ultimate chops.

I recorded this with my iPhone 5s

Thanks for watching!

Karadiddle

User Info Menu

Default Re: The road to chopsville...

You have some good things going on. I like the double kick work and you are getting some decent hand speed. My suggestion would be to just relax and calm it down a bit. Don't try and play every fill at lightning speed. You're coming along nicely, take a breath and feel what you are playing. Working with a metronome would be a help as well.

User Info Menu

Not bad at all! I agree with NPYYZ, but I'd also add that a big part of developing chops is precision and accuracy, it's hard to go fast if you don't have good control over your sticks.
    "Guys, if you wanted Superman for this gig, you should have hired Superman. Instead, you got Batman." - Donny Gruendler

"You always think you have more problems than you actually have." - Dave Elitch

Instagram: @bringerofthud
    Twitter:@davetilove

User Info Menu

Nice job Kara especially recording on an iphone. Had that been done with some recording equipment with everything balanced it would have sounded incredible. Still a great job, thanks for sharing it.

And nice chops too. Congrats.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Good show young lady. One suggested the use of a metronome and I would agree . . . another thing that will help you focus is to pre-plan what you are going to play. Arrange your session into sections and use dynamics to your advantage . . . not only with volume, but with varying the intensity and speed. Start with one rhythm pattern and let it flow into a different pattern and so on. When we play along with music we know, we know whats coming next so playing a drum solo that really shows off your skills in a positive way comes out much better if you know ahead of time "whats coming next" instead of "winging it and hoping it all comes out good" - And its harder to do than one would think - it is another way to expand your skills - when you have to "arrange" your own parts - you become more aware of timing, dynamics and feel...which are all part and parcel of being a highly sought after drummer.
    Overall, your performance shows that you have a lot of untapped potential so keep at it - you will only get better at your craft.

PS: Singing drummers, who sing on-pitch harmonies and lead vocals will get preference over drummers who "dont" - at least with most bands.
    Just a thought~~~!
    Last edited by Warren Wright; 11-27-2014 at 09:12 PM.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Great solo! Like NPYYZ said, I would try to relax a little and really get a groove going on. Other than that, you have a great speed ability with your blast beats. Great job
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike