Thread: Search Function

User Info Menu

Exclamation Search Function

I have tried several attempts to search for a specific thread only to have hundreds of threads listed after clicking search and none of them pertain to what I was looking for.

I tried to search on a single word and came up with nothing when I know for sure the word was in the thread title.

What am I doing wrong?

If I'm doing nothing incorrectly, then our search function needs some ramping up. It's not useful, at least to me.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: Search Function

Google search works better than DrumChat search. Enter this into Google search:

site:drumchat.com bish

User Info Menu

I have the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I think it's because the search looks at the text of every post in a thread, not just the title. I've run into this problem a couple times too and it's really annoying if I'm trying to find a particular thread.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8beat View Post

+1 on that!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8beat View Post

Oh man, delete that. No one should ever have to search for me. Plus, I know where I am, most of the time.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I agree with the Google thing. It works better. You might also try the advanced features of the forum search. I've never tried it but maybe that will give you better results. I think it's a vBulletin. I remember another VB forum having the same issue years back.