Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrones

User Info Menu

Default Thrones

I own a gibraltar 9608 throne and it made a huge impact on my back. The comfiest throne i've sat on. What throne(s) do you own?
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Default Re: Thrones

I have an 80's Tama titan and a Pork Pie tractor style. The Tama is covered and not very comfy any more, but it was really something back in the day. I've had the PP for a few yr. now, and I really like it. It was pricey though.

User Info Menu

I have a Pork Pie Tractor throne and a DW round throne that I use for practice at home and gigs. I grab the first one that I come to usually, I don't really favor one over the other.

I practice with one band at a Guitarist's house. I have my 1973 Slingerlands with a 24" bass, all DW 6000 hardware and Zildjian Ks set up. The guitarist has a nice Tama First Chair throne that I use, which also works fine for me. Honestly, I'n not that picky about thrones as long as it has plenty of padding.

I had a cheap Sunlite throne that I used years ago, that thing was just awful.
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I have an 80's Tama titan and a Pork Pie tractor style. The Tama is covered and not very comfy any more, but it was really something back in the day. I've had the PP for a few yr. now, and I really like it. It was pricey though.
    I loved my Titan thrown, the big thick one with the brown covering. Sold it though. Right now I have Gibraltar tractor seat. It works.

User Info Menu

I have a pearl roadster throne (with a shock absorber that is more of a gimmick than useful)but a nice comfy throne that goes high enough for me to play my deep toms mounted over my 24" bass

User Info Menu

I've had a roc-n-soc throne since the 90's. Great throne, very comfortable seat and well built.

User Info Menu

I own two different Roc-n-soc's and a Tama First Chair..............I use the R-n-S Nitro the most

User Info Menu

My cheeks are Married to the Roc-in-Soc
    “I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”

User Info Menu

Gibralter hydraulic tractor seat type. Don't know the model. The wife bought it for me for my birthday.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I've got the Roc-n-soc nitro It's really nice, a little heavy though. I would like the next throne I get to be lighter.

User Info Menu

I have a Tama Ergo-rider throne, very comfortable, solid with lots of adjustment for height. But the embroidered logo on the back of the seat was designed by Liberace....

[IMG][/IMG]

Normally I would apologise for the crappy photo, but this time I've done you a favour - the colours are a bit much. Wish it just had a regular Tama logo.

User Info Menu

I've had a R&S Nitro for a few years. Even have both seats for it. Bought a Gibraltar about a year ago. Like it better than the R&S.

User Info Menu

I have a really nice Tama throne, I think it's one of the ergo rider ones. Very stable, well padded and the shape is perfect

User Info Menu

I've got the roc & soc with a backrest, makes practicing longer a breeze!

User Info Menu

2 Roc n Socs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    I've had a roc-n-soc throne since the 90's. Great throne, very comfortable seat and well built.
    Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    I own two different Roc-n-soc's ... I use the R-n-S Nitro the most
    Quote Originally Posted by PopsOldSkins View Post
    My cheeks are Married to the Roc-in-Soc
    My collection as well. I have 3. I also purchased just the seat for my original Rogers throne base since the vinyl covering split 20 years ago on the coldest day of the year, that year.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Roc-N-Soc Lunar airlift tractor seat. Love it. When I was first starting to get drum equipment, my wife wanted me to get the least expensive stuff I could find. The cheap thrones were awful. The RNS was worth every penny and will probably last forever!
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

TAMA First Chairs, a 4-legged and a 3-legged. Also, a Pork Pie cheetah print round throne. The PP is super light and comfy, and the foam is so thick and plush. For a lighter guy, it would be perfect. The only round throne I've had that doesn't cut the circulation off to my legs. Unfortunately, I bottom out the soft foam after an hour or so and it's a little firm from that point on...

User Info Menu

Roc-n-soc lunar with backrest, Gibraltar tractor seat and a DW5100

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Used the Tama Titan brown seat throne throughout the 80's and 90's ... very sturdy and comfortable. Tried the Pearl Roadster but couldn't get used to the small seat ... would make my rear end hurt so I sold it. Tried the Roc-n-Soc thrones but they didn't jive with my packing system.

Finally tried the DW 9100 with the 14" round seat and have been using it non-stop for about 10 years or so ... currently have two of them. For me, the most comfortable throne that I have ever owned. Been through many, many gigs and it's still rock solid and comfortable. Packs up nicely too ... the leg section fits in my hardware case and the seat fits neatly in an over sized 14" snare case along with the snare.

User Info Menu

I have a Gibraltar that came with my 57 renown kit, and it looks great, but has crappy foam! You are sitting on plywood in no time.

I have a 15" round DW 9000 series from 15 years ago, and it is firm, stable, weigh's too much to transport, but still feels like new.

I have an old Tama throne that came with a Imperialstar back in the 80's that is crap!

I have a Premier throne from the 80's that is thick, but soft. Kind of like sitting on a marsh mellow.

I have 5 Mapex thrones. 4 round, and one saddle. The 14" round are great. Firm, comfortable, light enough to transport, and they match many of my kits. The saddle one is a bit too soft.

Could never get used to a back rest. I like to sit too far forward for one.

Never saw the use of a hydraulic adjustment. Once I set my throne height, it is set for life! Just something else to add weight, and to go wrong.

Would like an antique throne for my old Leedy kit.

User Info Menu

Roc n Soc lunar with a backrest.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Gibraltar is my primary. Love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    I loved my Titan thrown, the big thick one with the brown covering. Sold it though. Right now I have Gibraltar tractor seat. It works.
    Mine is kind of lumpy now. I covered it with an Ahead throne cover. It looks like sheep skin. I think I bought in 81. It has served me well.

User Info Menu

I have the hydraulic roc-n-soc with optional back rest. I love it