Thread: tension watch

User Info Menu

Default tension watch

anyone ever used one of these..just curious

http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/world/prod...tension_watch/

User Info Menu

You know I have one but could never get it to work. I've tried and tried but to no avail. I try to dial the numbers but they move when I come back to the tension rods I already tuned! I gave up. I do wanna retro my drums with these though.
    http://www.drumtech.com/dts.html

The only problem is A) they're expensive and B) only come in chrome. I have brass hardware and the DTS system might stand out too much.

Blessings.........

User Info Menu

Middleman, that looks like it would have to be putting pressure on the tension rods to change the tone. Couldn't that run the risk of damaging the tension rods over time?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I bought a drum dial with my set that didn't work fresh out of the box so I never got the chance to try it out. That DTS thing looks pretty cool though, next on my list even.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Middleman, that looks like it would have to be putting pressure on the tension rods to change the tone. Couldn't that run the risk of damaging the tension rods over time?
    No, totally safe. The DTS system saves a lot of time! Only 2 rods to tension on a drum as apposed the 16 on my 16inch. Blessings......

User Info Menu

Thanks for clearing that up for me Middleman!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!