Thread: Tama Iron Cobra PG vs Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Pedals

User Info Menu

Default Tama Iron Cobra PG vs Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Pedals

I am looking to get a different drum pedal. I have a DW 9000 but I don't care for it. Can't seem to get the settings the way I want it. Looking at the Tama IC or Pearl P-2000 Eliminator. I just want a decent pedal that doesn't take a brain surgeon to set up and that will last. I play heel up if that makes a difference. Any other suggestions welcome. Just got back into drumming this past summer.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tama Iron Cobra PG vs Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Pedals

Quote Originally Posted by CUBuffaloes View Post
    I am looking to get a different drum pedal. I have a DW 9000 but I don't care for it. Can't seem to get the settings the way I want it. Looking at the Tama IC or Pearl P-2000 Eliminator. I just want a decent pedal that doesn't take a brain surgeon to set up and that will last. I play heel up if that makes a difference. Any other suggestions welcome. Just got back into drumming this past summer.

Tama Speed Cobra.

I had a 9000 and couldn't get it how I wanted it.

Also had a Axis and a Pearl Eliminator. Gave the Axis away and sent the Pearl back.

The Speed Cobra is easy to set up, and can handle any speed your foot can put out.

User Info Menu

I have a speed cobra and a Pearl eliminator and love them both. I finally settled on the red cam for the pearl. I have my pearl at bass players house and my speed cobra for my home kit. You cannot go wrong with either IMO. I have no experience with the IC PG though
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I have and used only the Pearl P2000 Power shifter Eliminator for years and love it. So many adjustment features and interchangeable cams that I cannot see why people hate this pedal condemn this pedal. As for the IC never care for it as I almost bought one years ago but there was some issues with that pedal can't remember what they were but I guess they fixed by now. Still the Eliminator is for me.

User Info Menu

Would anyone know the difference between the Iron Cobra and the Speed Cobra? The Speed Cobra looks so simple. Maybe that's what I'm looking for. What does have for adjustments?

User Info Menu

speed cobra is the long board. They are nice. I don't own any but I tried some out at the local guitar center.

What you going to do with those 9000s?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I have and used only the Pearl P2000 Power shifter Eliminator for years and love it. So many adjustment features and interchangeable cams that I cannot see why people hate this pedal condemn this pedal. As for the IC never care for it as I almost bought one years ago but there was some issues with that pedal can't remember what they were but I guess they fixed by now. Still the Eliminator is for me.
    Maybe it is the sheer amount of adjustability for feel and response with the interchangeable cams in addition to all the standard features that puts many off - there are so many possible combinations available that it may take too long for most to quickly find the best setting for them.

I use an old model 900 series (single) Iron Cobra, I used the standard central position for cam positioning and the only thing I have had to adjust is beater angle and the distance from the head when I bought it 18 months ago. In the last year I may have tinkered with the spring tension but that's about it - for me (and my limited drumming skills) fast and simple is preferable to infinite adjustability.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CUBuffaloes View Post
    Would anyone know the difference between the Iron Cobra and the Speed Cobra? The Speed Cobra looks so simple. Maybe that's what I'm looking for. What does have for adjustments?

You can't go wrong with the Speed Cobra.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crispycritters View Post
    Maybe it is the sheer amount of adjustability for feel and response with the interchangeable cams in addition to all the standard features that puts many off - there are so many possible combinations available that it may take too long for most to quickly find the best setting for them.

I use an old model 900 series (single) Iron Cobra, I used the standard central position for cam positioning and the only thing I have had to adjust is beater angle and the distance from the head when I bought it 18 months ago. In the last year I may have tinkered with the spring tension but that's about it - for me (and my limited drumming skills) fast and simple is preferable to infinite adjustability.
    True that the Eliminator has a lot of adjustments. When I bought mine, took it out of the box and like you adjusted the beater to be 4 inches from the head and did a little spring adjustment and that was it and have been using that pedal now for 8 years without eve touching it again.

User Info Menu

Both of those pedals are very good. I have used both. I play the pearl double and its great. You have to try both and decide for yourself.Its not the pedal that plays but practice and your toes and heal.
    So whats so wrong with laughing. Some need to learn to laugh