Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My PDP X7

User Info Menu

Default Re: My PDP X7

Great pics! I really like that color, very cool. I'm glad you got cases for the drums, I'd hate to see them scuffed up and scratched from moving them from gig to gig.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    So I tweaked the kit a little more and I lowered the bar down low on the right side to help show show off the drums a little more. I will continue to tweak it until perfect for me.

But here are some photos from last night that turned out pretty decent using my phone verse my GF's Iphone

Great idea!

User Info Menu

sweet spaz
    Conrad

User Info Menu

I got a quote from an online place called JamminSam last night for an Orange Tangerine Glass Sparkle vinyl for my PDP Popcorn snare so I can wrap it to match the rest of the kit. It was a little more than I expected but I really want it so I went for it. With shipping the 10x6 wrap is around $50...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    Spaz,

That looks much better with the rack lowered down...............brings out the drums. Great looking kit.

User Info Menu

Some of the new brackets and clamps I ordered came in last night so before our show I removed the legs of one of the floor toms and I tried it out on the floor tom last night. I used the floor tom mounts on the rack using a standard tom bracket. It was more solid than the three legs! But this was just a fun temporary trial as I ordered actual STM brackets. But thought I would try it.

I experimented with just one leg and it held well but did have a bit of movement. So I added the second mount and it's solid as a rock.

User Info Menu

So my right side rack bar was still from my Gilbraltar setup so I ordered the PDP side rack package. It came last night I was very excited... now I'm just waiting on Guitar Center to get my STM brackets in.

Came with cross bar, two accessory clamps, memory locks, legs and I also bought the cymbal topper

The reason for is the hardware is so much cleaner and quicker than my old gibraltar setup. It's also a lot more heavy duty too.

and I have a couple clamps left over so that means I can eventually do some more add ons lol but I won't.

User Info Menu

I wrapped my Popcorn snare drum in Tangerine Glass wrap to help match the kit.

User Info Menu

You did not buy those PDP drums, you stole them. Great job developing the set up.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by signia fan View Post
    You did not buy those PDP drums, you stole them. Great job developing the set up.
    haha I know aint that the truth. Almost felt bad.... nah

User Info Menu

Spaz nice job on the snare.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Sweet I just received this today! It's a custom plate I had made to cover my bass drum top from where I removed the tom holders. It's brushed aluminum with my logo engraved in it. It's a sticky 3M backing that I'm told is super strong and I'll never have to worry of it peeling. Excited to also install this on my kit tonight.

User Info Menu

I'm happy with my finished product just not happy how red the color is verse my orange kit... I'm going to just bite the bullet and keep searching online for other wraps and see if I can get some samples and find a closer orange even if it's not as sparkly or what not. But here it is all setup.

User Info Menu

Even without the wrap, I still think it looks like a nice accent
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Finally got around to installing my bass drum blanking plate

Before:

After:

User Info Menu

These finally came in to guitar center for me! Now I'm just waiting for GC to ship to my house. A 14" and 16" STM mount so now I can place my floor toms on my rack. Quicker and easier for me!

User Info Menu

You might want to try bumwrap. They are no the best quality wraps but I'm pretty sure they custom print finishes. You could send them a picture of your kit and they could match it.
    Tama Swingstar 3 piece 1993 (refinished wine red)
    Ludwig Breakbeats (Azure Sparkle)
    1964 Ludwig Supra
    Old no-name Luan 12x8 tom/snare (refinished wine red)
    Mapex MPX 14"x5.5" snare (refinished in gloss black)
    Pearl Vision 14"x14" ft/snare (refinished wine red)
    Aquarian heads
    14" Sabian HHX Stage Hats
    15" Meinl Extra Dry Thin Hats
    18" Meinl Vintage Trash Crash
    18" Wuhan China
    18" Thin Zildjian Crash
    18" Thin Zildjian Crash with rivets
    19" Meinl Extra Dry Thin Crash
    22" Istanbul Mehmet Legend Dark Ride
    23" Matt Bettis Dry Ride

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lukesplat12 View Post
    You might want to try bumwrap. They are no the best quality wraps but I'm pretty sure they custom print finishes. You could send them a picture of your kit and they could match it.
    yeah I went to their site.. I only see them doing custom printed wraps.

User Info Menu

Converted my floor toms to rack toms today

User Info Menu

these were sent to me today from Thursdays show... I LOVE them!

User Info Menu

Nice mo mate.

Also, are they vent holes in where the legs used to be in your floors?
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumstix View Post
    Nice mo mate.

Also, are they vent holes in where the legs used to be in your floors?
    I left the vent hole alone but the other holes from the legs are now actual bolts

User Info Menu

Hey Spaz,

I love seeing your posts because you are always trying new things and posting pictures, to boot!

I'm curious. Now that you've converted the FTs to fliers, are they as stable on the racks as they were when you used the two floor tom mounts attached to the rack? In the pics you posted of the two toms attached using the leg brackets they looked very, very solid. How about now?

The two floor toms on my Recording Customs were fliers, too. I considered converting them to use FT legs, but, truth be told, I sort of enjoyed the way they moved a bit when I played them. There was just something consistent about playing across the hi toms to the low toms. They all moved just a fraction under impact, and there was something enjoyable about that.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    Hey Spaz,

I love seeing your posts because you are always trying new things and posting pictures, to boot!

I'm curious. Now that you've converted the FTs to fliers, are they as stable on the racks as they were when you used the two floor tom mounts attached to the rack? In the pics you posted of the two toms attached using the leg brackets they looked very, very solid. How about now?

The two floor toms on my Recording Customs were fliers, too. I considered converting them to use FT legs, but, truth be told, I sort of enjoyed the way they moved a bit when I played them. There was just something consistent about playing across the hi toms to the low toms. They all moved just a fraction under impact, and there was something enjoyable about that.

GeeDeeEmm

Well ironically I had trouble with the 14" floor tom moving around while playing. It constantly moves when I hit it to hard. I haven't had a chance to instal them on the rack yet but rest assure when I do at our next practice I will update with photos and reviews. I'm extremely excited and let me tell you those STM brackets are SOLID and there is no wiggling on the shells. So I'm confident they will be sturdy with little play. Just enough free floating to let the drum breathe.

User Info Menu

Was packing up my kit thought I'd share some fun photos.

Finished my collection of SKB Cases

All the pretty maids in a row lol

Here are the new floor toms converted to rack toms setup