Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Splash cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Splash cymbals

10" Paiste pst 5 splash, just over my 16" crash.

Pearl Session Series 5 pc Drum Set
    Paiste 14" 502 hi hats, 16" 502 crash, 18" 2002 medium crash, 20" 502 ride, 10" PST5 splash, 8" 2002 chime
    LP Cowbell, 6" Toca tambourine

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."

You can't have too many Paiste 2oo2's... that's always been my policy. - Dave Wilson

Back from a Dr. appointment. I'm still kickin' I WIN - Bish

User Info Menu

Hi.
    I've been playing now for 50+ years, but never been happy with whatever splash I've been using at various times in my life. A friend was changing his brass & offered me his 8" Zildjian Oriental splash. It was so cheap I took it untried.
    Wow! This is what I've been looking for in a splash for years. Quick decay. Sharp accents, and just the right amount of trashiness without being over the top.
    When I think of the small fortune I've spent trying to get it right, & hit the target with a cymbal costing me £10.
    Thanks, Tony.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BobQ View Post
    Hi.
    I've been playing now for 50+ years, but never been happy with whatever splash I've been using at various times in my life. A friend was changing his brass & offered me his 8" Zildjian Oriental splash. It was so cheap I took it untried.
    Wow! This is what I've been looking for in a splash for years. Quick decay. Sharp accents, and just the right amount of trashiness without being over the top.
    When I think of the small fortune I've spent trying to get it right, & hit the target with a cymbal costing me £10.
    Thanks, Tony.
    Those are awesome.

User Info Menu

Just for the heck of it, I went on line and bought an 8" Wuhan splash cymbal - $20 including shipping, brand new. It's fine for a splash. Sounds just as good as my Sabian AA splash. I don't like the way it looks, though. It's highly polished and just doesn't look good mixed in with my regular finished B20s. I know that's silly, but OCD speaks loudly.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    . I know that's silly, but OCD speaks loudly.

GeeDeeEmm
    I don't like the acronym "OCD". It's not in alphabetical order.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    I don't like the acronym "OCD". It's not in alphabetical order.
    I'm the same way
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike