Default Re: Red Dirt Mountain

Thank you ITPP we do the gold ceiling one too
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

our friends at Garage 71 featured us in April's issue of their magazine. Check it out.

Garage 71 internet radio, Grease Magazine for all you hot rod fanatics

http://www.garage71.net/rat-rod-spec...of-grease-inc/

Grease-March_CVR-1170x440.jpg

Grease-March_CVR-231x300.jpg
    Last edited by slinky; 04-08-2017 at 07:18 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Well here we are a new spring and gearing up to play the Atlanta Motorama again. It was a great time last year but hopefully not as windy this year as last year. Met "Big Daddy" Don Garlits last year. He had one of his classic "engine in front" dragsters with him. Sounded good when he started it up.

https://www.atlantamotorspeedway.com...rama/exhibits/

17f599c8e6.jpg

This year I'm looking forward to seeing the Smokey and the Bandit vehicles. The Trans Am that will be on display probably isn't one from the movie, I've heard they were given 3 TA's and they were all totaled making the film. But will be cool to see anyway

1791084-lg.jpg

actually i'm more interested in seeing the rig used for Jerry Reed and the sheriff cars for Jackie Gleason
    Last edited by slinky; 04-10-2017 at 10:27 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Slinky, you guys play at great venues. I remember seeing "Big Daddy" Don Garlits at the Sacramento Motor Speedway back in the '80's. Man...he's like the "Buddy Rich" of drag racing! Good luck on the gig and hope it's not too windy.

User Info Menu

thanks Rich! and I also saw him race there one year lol too cool . always wanted to play there. Do you remember local band Atomic Circus? They played out there once. The singer tried out for our band when we were looking for a replacement.

I remember feeling kind of honored for him to come out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slinky; 04-11-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    thanks Rich! and I also saw him race there one year lol too cool . always wanted to play there. Do you remember local band Atomic Circus? They played out there once. The singer tried out for our band when we were looking for a replacement. I remember feeling kind of honored to have him come out.
    Yes I do! There was a "hit" put on the girlfriend of the lead singer by another girl who was obsessed with the guy. It made the local news..

Untitled.jpg

These guys opened for Tesla...another local band from Sac.

"Atomic Circus"

1.jpg

User Info Menu

wow weird stuff I don't remember the hit news, maybe it happened after I left. Yeah they opened for Tesla and Saigon Kick at Arco Arena

ChrisShaw-TESLA-poster.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Haven't posted too much about the band in awhile went on vacation for a week but the Motorama went well we were set up in the Bikefest area again on Garage 71 radio's stage.

20170422_124039.jpg

IMG_54081.jpg

We will be playing at Motorheads May 27th with BEiTHEMEANS . Awesome band and dudes. And PBR

18447042_10203121512554291_3929069421712006022_n.jpg
    Last edited by slinky; 05-19-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

How did the show opening for the BEiTHEMEANS turn out? Your kit looks killer man, especially the red bass drum hoops!

User Info Menu

thanks Rich, the show went great. Beitthemeans put on a great show. All really good players and cool guys. Josh has such a great voice.

I like playing that drum. i want to make some changes to my set up though to keep things interesting
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    thanks Rich, the show went great. Beitthemeans put on a great show. All really good players and cool guys. Josh has such a great voice.

I like playing that drum. i want to make some changes to my set up though to keep things interesting
    That's so cool to be able to open for a good band man. I was digging their video. Is that a 24" kick you use?

User Info Menu

yes 24x18 Yamaha Tour from the late 80's early 90's. nice and boomy but not as much as the 26's. I prefer 24's over any other size.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

last Friday niht at Motorheads

IMG_7415 (1).JPG IMG_7397.JPG

IMG_7411.JPG IMG_7412.JPG
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Is that a Trans Am shirt??
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Is that a Trans Am shirt??
    lol ''they call him the Bandit''

yes it is Brian.. I'm a Pontiac fan my first was a 77 Formula 403 Olds, 350 trans, posi trac....

I haven't had a car in a long time so recently bought a 1987 base Bird. It is a project. It was sitting for a long time, but it'll be fun when I get her up n running. It came with the 305, 5sp. Been doing some clean up. Here is the transmission.

20170929_134805.jpg

20170929_134539.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

305 soon to be 350ci

20171010_075305.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I always liked the TA/Firebird platform. Growing up in the 1970's, it was hard to NOT be a fan of the Smokey & Bandit birds. My best friend had a '80 turbo TA (black & gold). It was pretty weak in terms of performance, but MAN was it cool. All you had to do was cruise down Main Street at 20MPH with the T-tops out and the girls stood in line.

Glad to see you found a good project car. Like the FOX body Mustangs, those '80s versions are hard to find in decent shape. They're becoming a forgotten generation, but they were all significant in the "rebirth" of modern performance.

Is that a T5 out of a V6?
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

nice!, i wish i had a 70,71,72 73 those are my favorite years for 2nd gens. As far as overall look i like the 3rd generations and actually like the base and formula models more than the T/A's.

It's the 305 V8. 5sp Borg Warner

i like the Pontiacs but wouldn't turn down a mid 70's Cobra...
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

This TransAm was my dream car in high school. I came so close of owning one but how was I supposed to tell my parents that a dealership was about finance a 18 year old kid (me) with no credit a brand new car? I would of been shot and hung out to dry. My parents thought that walking to school was so cool...

User Info Menu

We are playing a place Friday night that has reopened under new ownership. They really improved the inside. Big stage with pro sound and lights.

20171015_103127.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN