Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini heart attack...left cymbal bag at gig

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mini heart attack...left cymbal bag at gig

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    oh man... I always one time left my drum throne at home... we went running around to find any chair... had to play on a fold away... worst time ever. It sits soooo low. Tried placing bags under me to sit higher.
    There's something about the familiarity of your own throne...I always have to bring my own no matter who's drumset I'm sharing. I've had to sit in office chairs that are too short, stools that are too high...totally sucks. At least you can sit on anything. I was honestly trying to think of something I could use as cymbals (when I couldn't find mine) as a quick fix - maybe a trash can lid? A dinner plate? A servers tray? Think about it...what other piece of a set can be replaced with an every day item?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Must have been one heck of a show.
    It was. It was in San Ber'Dino. Loud and full of people

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bassist learning drums View Post
    I once left my bass at a bar. Luckily it was there the next day. When I went in to retrieve it, I was not the only musician that left gear behind. There were all kinds of stuff laying around.

Glad you got your cymbals back!
    Sounds like there was a lot to drink.

From time to time, the trombone instructor at our local university puts a small rhythm section together to back up his trombone choir. He was putting on a symposium and we were asked to help out. After we were through the symposium continued and the rhythm section packed up and left. I got all my gear out to the car and loaded it not in my usual order. I had to leave in a hurry to get to another gig. Something made me look at my gear and I noticed my cymbal bag was not in it's usual place. PANIC!!! Realizing I had left it leaning against my rear wheel (aprox same color and size) I hurried back to where I had been parked. No bag. One of the trombonists came out about that time and I asked him if he had seen it. He said yes, it was inside. Someone had found it and rescued it for me. I dodged the bullet that day.

User Info Menu

Oh man. I was starting to feel sick and they weren't even my cymbals, glad to hear a happy ending. My vintage Zildjian are also my pride and joy.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey