Thread: Jimmy DeGrasso Signature Ride

User Info Menu

Default Jimmy DeGrasso Signature Ride

After months of searching and a little bit of luck (thank you Weezy) I was able to get my hands on the very Limited Edition Jimmy DeGrasso signature over ride cymbal. They only made 200 in production. It's a 23" ride with a massive bell larger than my hand. I am so excited for practice tomorrow. I'll set it up and can even take some sound clips if wanted.

Here are the pics! It's MASSIVE and weighs a TON

User Info Menu

Default Re: Jimmy DeGrasso Signature Ride

Yeah that is a big cymbal. I have no idea what it sounds like.

User Info Menu

I'm glad that it worked out for you, Spaz. That's a whole lot of ride cymbal for $200.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Looks phenomenal! What stand are you using?? My rbdr is bending the boom. The the top tube of the stand is actually bent, and i'm afraid it will snap one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Looks phenomenal! What stand are you using?? My rbdr is bending the boom. The the top tube of the stand is actually bent, and i'm afraid it will snap one day.
    good question I haven't thought about that yet. I have PDP booms on my rack currently. But good call that is a super heavy cymbal

User Info Menu

Wow! Great looking cymbal. $200? That was insane cheap! Saw another going for around $350. Soundfile was a little dark and huge bell sound. I really liked it. I wouldn't think it's too heavy for a normal HD straight stand. The bell looks like most of it's weight. It's probably between 9 and 10 lbs. Congrats!
    Last edited by Olimpass; 04-27-2015 at 01:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Can't imagine a cymbal weighing 10 pounds.

1000 g =1 kg = 2.2 lb.

It would have to be nearly 5000 g

all the best...

User Info Menu

I have a 21 sweet ride and I thought that it was heavy. Mine is sitting low over my floor tom on a straight double braced stand and it carries it pretty good. I probably would not hang that thing on a boom stand. By the way that is a beautiful cymbal man and a great deal. Let us know how it sound and how you mounted it.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 04-27-2015 at 07:44 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Can't imagine a cymbal weighing 10 pounds.

1000 g =1 kg = 2.2 lb.

It would have to be nearly 5000 g

all the best...
    my rbdr is 8.5lbs. I'm guessing 10 pounds is very close.

the 22" paragon is over 8lbs too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    my rbdr is 8.5lbs. I'm guessing 10 pounds is very close.

the 22" paragon is over 8lbs too.
    Wow. I'll have to weigh my rides sometime. At a guess, I think my 22 K Constinople would be about 3-4 pounds tops. My 20 Paiste 602 a little more.

User Info Menu

Wow. I'll have to weigh my rides sometime. At a guess, I think my 22 K Constinople would be about 3-4 pounds tops. My 20 Paiste 602 a little more.
    I think you'll be in for a surprise Kay-gee - they probably weigh considerably more than you think they do.

User Info Menu

Hi kay-gee. Typically most rides lighter in weight are actually more desirable.
    In this case, the bell is huge and not lathed giving it that big extra weight.
    To describe it, it reminds me of one of those big Zildjian K lite rides but with a huge 8" solid bell.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 04-27-2015 at 05:50 PM.

User Info Menu

it weighs exactly 10 pounds!

I just weighed myself and then weighed myself holding the cymbal. I couldn't believe it so I tried it three times got the exact same result each time.

User Info Menu

nice ride Spaz, 10 lbs!. It would seem a boom on a rack would be much better than a boom stand by itself. I use an old Tama Stilt for my 21'' Z Light Power Ride and it still would tip over, but I have it extended pretty far. Made a modification to put the weight further back.

I like the ping i get on the Z and it will wash out ok when you lay into it but the bell sucks. Wanna trade bells?
    Last edited by slinky; 04-28-2015 at 04:56 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Sound file or video!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    nice ride Spaz, 10 lbs!. It would seem a boom on a rack would be much better than a boom stand by itself. I use an old Tama Stilt for my 21'' Z Light Power Ride and it still would tip over, but I have it extended pretty far. Made a modification to put the weight further back.

I like the ping i get on the Z and it will wash out ok when you lay into it but the bell sucks. Wanna trade bells?
    I'll take a photo but I have a 22" ride on my Yamaha kit and it's super heavy also. I'm using a straight Yamaha stand and it's been great for years. So I'll try another stand like that on my rack. The PDP/DW are to tiny I know they would break.

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Sound file or video!
    I'll try to take my camera on Thursday for our show. I planned on taking it to practice Monday but our singer wussed out and cancelled practice cause he was "tired".

User Info Menu

I love the looks of that cymbal..............very nice.
    I also love to watch DeGrasso play his kit.

I play an old "A" Zildjian 22" heavy ride that I have had for many years.........still love it..........but that 23 looks awesome.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Suppose it's like having an ice bell or a Zil-bell in the center of your cymbal. Cool

all the best...