Thread: A broken drumstick... losing my glasses ... but still playing !!

User Info Menu

Default A broken drumstick... losing my glasses ... but still playing !!

This is a clip from my clinic in Quebec ...

I'm playing along a track from my band called The Last Colour

In this clip,it looks like my glasses and one of my drumstick didn't wanted to play with me... ;-)

User Info Menu

Default Re: A broken drumstick... losing my glasses ... but still playing !!

Very nice. Really enjoying your videos. Keep 'em coming.

Tex

User Info Menu

Cool video simon. Like the foot work on the double pedal. You play like a pro meaning broke a stick and changed to a new one without missing a beat Same with taking glasses off without missing a beat.

User Info Menu

hahaha great job playing through

Last night I setup my kit to far back against the wall and kept hitting my arm on the wall. Ended up dropping a stick like 3 or 4 times from hitting that wall

User Info Menu

Kickin' some glass! Good sounding band.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Very nice! I would say you're definitely a hard hitter. Your drums sure move around a lot when you play. Do you ever have issues with hardware breaking or coming loose? Looks like your kit gets quite the workout.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    hahaha great job playing through

Last night I setup my kit to far back against the wall and kept hitting my arm on the wall. Ended up dropping a stick like 3 or 4 times from hitting that wall

Hahaha !! Being a drummer is so tough !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Very nice! I would say you're definitely a hard hitter. Your drums sure move around a lot when you play. Do you ever have issues with hardware breaking or coming loose? Looks like your kit gets quite the workout.
    Yeah, sometimes my cymbal stands need to be fixed... and 10 years ago I tend to bury the beater in the head of my bass drum and my beater broke in two after a while .... Now I don't bury the beater in the head so everything is okay ... ;-)

The funniest thing that happened to me was during a big show (my bass drum fell off a big riser during a song ..... oppppppsssss !! )

But what is interesting is that I never broke a drumhead.....

My biggest issue with that kind of playing is that you need tons of drumsticks ....

User Info Menu

1:09!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toothpaste View Post
    1:09!

Hahaha !! yeah....... BTW : My glasses are ok !!! ;-)

I hate glasses !!......