Thread: Nardy Drum Mics?

User Info Menu

Default Nardy Drum Mics?

Does anyone have any experience with Nardy Mics?

My band hires out for sound at shows and there is NOTHING worse then when the sound guy only has a stardard 5 piece drum mic kit yet I play an 8 piece kit. So then he wants me to adjust all my drums so he can double mic toms.. It drives me nuts.

Well a friend of mine had these is willing to sell them cheap. I looked online and new they aren't expensive at all. The entire set is like $150

I don't plan on using the entire set. Just pack it with me so when a sound guy doesn't have enough I can supply the 2-3 extra needed mics. Should I go with these since the price is right or should I just spend the extra cash and get some good microphones?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Nardy Drum Mics?

OK in a pinch.

Low grade microphones. Similar to CAD if you're familiar with those.

all the best...

User Info Menu

yeah like stated they are only in case the sound guy only has a 5 piece. I can save up and buy nicer ones down the line. It would be worth it I know

User Info Menu

good tip

dont play a 8pc kit live ..9/10 you wont get enough mics to use and enough channels on the desk let alone ...the demand for such a thing unless playing out doors

oh and imho nady is a bady ....no seriously they are pritty much rebranded cad mics

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    good tip

dont play a 8pc kit live ..9/10 you wont get enough mics to use and enough channels on the desk let alone ...the demand for such a thing unless playing out doors

oh and imho nady is a bady ....no seriously they are pritty much rebranded cad mics
    Two/three extra drum mics are not an issue. My band was a 5 piece now only 4. There's two plugs right there for backup vocals and guitar amps.

Never seen a sound guy we've played with not have enough channels to cover 2/3 extra. So no I'll keep my 8 piece I'm happy with it and have never had an issue. If push came to shove and our sound guy didn't have enough plugs I'd adapt my kit.

User Info Menu

Still don't understand why you waste time with junk mics and not get a decent kick. Snare and overhead like everyone else ... More mics does not mean better sound

User Info Menu

I have a little bag I carry a small inexpensive drum mic kit in if there is not a didicated sound company. I have a Nady D90 for the bass, with a little steel fold out stand, a SM57 for snare with a clip on mic holder, and a matching pair of Beringer C2 condenser mics for overheads with a couple light boom stands, and cables. The majority of the time I just use the bass and snare mic on a inside gig as my vocal mic will pick up too. Those mics sound plenty good for a club with proper eq, and I don't have to worry about them getting destroyed or stolen as much as if I took some high end studio quality mics out with me. Plus I can just throw that little bag in my trap case and there if I need them.
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    Still don't understand why you waste time with junk mics and not get a decent kick. Snare and overhead like everyone else ... More mics does not mean better sound
    I'm literally not using the entire kit. I'd use it just to mic two of my toms.. because some places on keep 5 piece mic kits. The mics were free I can't complain