Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overplayed songs

User Info Menu

Default Re: Overplayed songs

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I agree and so much to choose from unlimited hours of music while on the road and like mentioned best radio sound ever without having to spend a lot of money on a powerful audio system
    I've been a Sirius subscriber since the day Howard Stern signed up over ten years ago. It is the greatest invention of all time. Have the app on my phone and I can listen literally anywhere (car, office, home stereo...). I never, ever listen to FM. It's the worst.

I also don't listen to cover bands (especially top 40 cover bands). Only thing worse than overplayed songs from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and now 00-10's is cover bands who play them (and poorly).

User Info Menu

Growing up in detroit we had some great rock stations in the 70's.. but i heard so much zeppelin and doors that i can't listen to them anymore at all.. and pretty much hate robert plant (stop screeching into the mic and let the band play)

Now there is no rock in detroit at all unless you want to listen to super generic crap on WRIF

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I use it in my f-150. Once you've gone to satellite radio, there's no going back. I love the classic rewind and classic vinyl stations.
    Me too, I only listen to channels 006,007,008 and maybe some 009 but not too often. Also what I like about it is that it shows the name of the song, artist and year. Brings me back to my teenage year with the music with first girl friend , car etc. Love SiriusXM.

User Info Menu

Me too, I only listen to channels 006,007,008 and maybe some 009 but not too often. Also what I like about it is that it shows the name of the song, artist and year. Brings me back to my teenage year with the music with first girl friend , car etc. Love SiriusXM.
    I missed that it showed the year and song name. Very convenient!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Icetech View Post
    Growing up in detroit we had some great rock stations in the 70's.. but i heard so much zeppelin and doors that i can't listen to them anymore at all.. and pretty much hate robert plant (stop screeching into the mic and let the band play)

Now there is no rock in detroit at all unless you want to listen to super generic crap on WRIF
    Amazing! Another person who thinks like me. Zep was a great band in spite of the vocals not because of...LOL

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Amazing! Another person who thinks like me. Zep was a great band in spite of the vocals not because of...LOL

all the best...
    hahaha kay.. i expect to get flamed to death... GnR had the same issue.. the band could rock but the squeeling pig up front wouldn't stop grunting and shrieking into the mic... i dubbed it the robert plant syndrome years ago...

User Info Menu

-Smoke on the water
    -Dream on
    -Iron man
    -Babba O'Riley
    -Tom Sawyer
    -Back in Black
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I missed that it showed the year and song name. Very convenient!
    That is one reason I love it too cause it takes the guessing out of who plays that song. The wife and I will listen to a good old song and then we guess who it is and sometimes it surprises us that it is a different name. I also listen to Mark Farner show. Yes the singer for GFR and I was surprised when I first heard it. He plays some old GFR tunes and talks about his years with the band etc. Great show and great man.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 06-20-2015 at 07:59 AM.

User Info Menu

Pretty much any song on any FM radio station is over played at this point. FM radio is so dead. I've had Sirius since before Howard arrived too...and I think SiriusXM has gone WAY down hill over the last 10 years. It used to be awesome. Kinda crappy now too.

User Info Menu

Well I have had Sirius XM just over 6 months and love it. The sound is excellent and you have the choice of so much music. I only listen to music of the 60-70 and some 80 but no further than that. I might go into the 50's but not often. 60-70's is my era. Maybe you are getting older Marko and your music interest are not the same.

User Info Menu

Well I have had Sirius XM just over 6 months and love it. The sound is excellent and you have the choice of so much music. I only listen to music of the 60-70 and some 80 but no further than that. I might go into the 50's but not often. 60-70's is my era. Maybe you are getting older Marko and your music interest are not the same.
    Nah, my interests are exactly the same. LOL. But I am getting old. I still love and listen to heavy metal, but I think the programming on the metal channel stinks. It used to be awesome.

I listen to mostly talk radio any way. Howard Stern, who's gotten HORRIBLE. Insanely boring. Don't listen much any more. Opie and Anthony. They fired Anthony, he was the back bone of the show. Covino and Rich are good. Ron and Fez...Fez retired. It's just all getting watered down.

Despite what Stern says...Podcasting IS the future of radio. There are some good podcasts out there. Jim Florentine, Anthony Cumia, etc.

User Info Menu

I don't listen to talk shows lol I am only into it for the classic Rock music.

User Info Menu

Kinda burned out on classic rock. I wonder what the jazz is like on Sirius.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Not into jazz but I am sure there is some channels on Sirius that have jazz. They got everything else on it.

User Info Menu

Sweet child of mine. Love the song, but I've really, really, really had enough of hearing it currently.

Lately, I've got the radio at work on 4ZZZ, a local community station. They play plenty of local music and they don't stick to radio friendly stuff, they play everything, it's great. And the only ads are either upcoming gigs in Brisbane or the odd local restaurant or something.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    I listen to mostly talk radio any way.
    -The first sign of old age!

I had Sirius, free for a year, when I bought my Camaro........too cheap to pay for it now.

User Info Menu

What channel is Howard Stern on. Over the years heard a lot of weird stuff about his show. Just curious.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    -The first sign of old age!

I had Sirius, free for a year, when I bought my Camaro........too cheap to pay for it now.
    I bought a lifetime subscription years and years ago. They don't even offer them now.

What channel is Howard Stern on. Over the years heard a lot of weird stuff about his show. Just curious.
    Channels 100 and 101 are all Stern all the time.