Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drumbledore's Father

User Info Menu

Default Drumbledore's Father

Even though I know our good friend Drumbledore is now gone from the board, I'd just like everyone to keep him, his mom and the rest of his family in your thoughts. His dad is in hospice care and they don't think he has much time left.

We're all here for you Michael. I sure wish you'd come back. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we all miss you, your knowledge and your friendship.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drumbledore's Father

Very sad to hear about his father. If there was any time for him to come back, it would be now. The members of Drumchat will support him.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Very sad to hear about his father. If there was any time for him to come back, it would be now. The members of Drumchat will support him.
    Agreed.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about Michael's father and I wish him the best. Michael we miss you around here m8 if you read this please come back we miss you my Aussie friend.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    We're all here for you Michael. I sure wish you'd come back. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we all miss you, your knowledge and your friendship.
    Hey diddle-diddle............
    Thanks for posting this................+1.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Such a hard time in life,stay strong Michael..prayers for you and your family

User Info Menu

Didn't know he left, that's a bummer. Can't say I blame him for taking time off to be with the family though, i'd probably do the same in his position. You only get so long to do so much, gotta make every second count. Before you know it, the show's over and you gotta go onto to the destination. If you're one of the lucky ones, you go to that next place knowing you did all you could here, in this place where you stand - and that's what gives the life you were given it's meaning. Make each day dance.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info Mark.

Very sad to hear about your father, Drumbledore/Michael.
    Prayers to you and family. You know we love ya 'round here.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 05-29-2015 at 03:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Best wishes!

User Info Menu

ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Even though I know our good friend Drumbledore is now gone from the board, I'd just like everyone to keep him, his mom and the rest of his family in your thoughts. His dad is in hospice care and they don't think he has much time left.

+100...wishing you the best Michael.

User Info Menu

Very sad news. I did not know he had officially left (or the reason) but I did notice he has been gone, and he is definitely missed here.

User Info Menu

I just read something else Michael just posted. It doesn't sound very good. :(

"Ok, no time to explain......just got to rush off to the hospital yet again to go see Dad, his condition is deteriorating further."

Poor guy. I know he thinks very highly of his dad.

Michael, if you happen to pass by and see this thread, just know that all of us are thinking about you and your mum. Peace my friend.

Update: Just saw this on Facebook.

"Well, it is with heavy heart to announce that Dad's suffering is no more. He had passed away at 8am this morning. The hospital rang around 10 to 8am saying he was rapidly going down.....he had been more or less unconscious since Thursday when a few of went to see him, so it's sad to say, but he passed away in his sleep. It is really for all the best. Thank you each and everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes."
    Last edited by Markadiddle; 05-29-2015 at 06:33 PM.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Very sad news. My condolences to Michael and his family. I wasn't expecting something that quick. I offer my prayers to all.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Aww, please tell drumbledore I am thinking about him and his family.
    From Bridie
    Hopefully he will come back one day when he feels like it?

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about his dad's passing. My condolences to Michael and his family.

User Info Menu

Thank you very much my brother.....I was touched that you mentioned this thread when I spoke with you late at night (late at night in my part of the world). I was going to show my face around here in DC Land earlier in the week, but, as you had found out, this week had been a rapid succession of events.....my head's still giddy from all that's happened. I just never had a chance to break the news here, so your retelling of the events to everyone here has saved me a bit of time and effort. I'm grateful for that.

A bit of a summary of events for my DC brothers and sisters. Last year in March, my Dad had a bad case of pneumonia. After getting medical attention, they examined his right lung and discovered small-cell cancer in the lower section. He was started on radiation treatment in April, 10 rounds of treatment on the lung itself, then later on after a bit of a break, 10 rounds on the brain as a preventative measure so that the cancer wouldn't spread. He responded okay to the lung treatments, and it seemed like he was slowly recovering last year, but it was once he received the rounds of radiation scans to the brain, Mum and I started noticing changes in him. This was a man that even in his retirement kept busy as an acolyte at our local Catholic Church (and later at the bigger cathedral, St. Patrick's), used to go for snooker and pool games at various local clubs with friends, ferry friends around who were less agile, go to all sorts of social functions. To then all of a sudden see him listless and tired, wanting to just rest in his fave comfy chair or the bed, losing his appetite (as he was well known for his vast knowledge of Indian, Asian and Eastern recipes, which he has shared with many), hands getting shaky, losing his balance, feeling cold a lot....we had to get him to use a walker.....it was getting harder to look after him but we managed somehow.

Then, around a few Fridays ago, I was working on stuff in the garage around 11:30pm when Mum, (who's been a dedicated nursing sister all her life and used to regulate his insulin and other medication) buzzed me on the garage's phone to come in quickly and help her with Dad. His BSL (blood sugar level) had fallen right down to 1.1, he was losing consciousness, so we quickly called a local emergency doctor (our regular one was out of reach), he hurried to give him a check, said that he had a large glucose shot ready for him, but that it would be way better to get the ambulance service. One pair of ambo workers came, but because Dad was a dead weight, they had to call on two more to lift him out of his bed. Finally he was admitted into Westmead Hospital's Emergency at 2am after he was revived a little, there were x-rays done at the emergency bed with a special x-ray machine, then he was admitted into respiratory assistance. A few days later, because of his breathing difficulties (as the cancer was spreading fast), he was transferred to the respiratory unit. We were of course a bit devastated as we knew what was coming around the corner. He had many visitors.....some he could recognise and talk with in his more lucid moments, people like those he knew from church, old customers of his back when he had a shop, good family friends, some others....I mean, this guy would talk with anyone, no wonder the whole of our local town were wishing him well! Even staff in the hospital recognised him, as in his better days he was a regular visitor, being an acolyte who'd help administer Holy Communion and prayers for the sick and seriously ill, working alongside the hospital's in-house Catholic priests. But.....a lot of the time he was in a lot of pain from the disease, so with all the morphine and pain killers administered, most of the time he'd be sleeping or semi-conscious, drifting in and out. Mum and I knew his time was coming soon.....it was a bit heart-wrenching when he'd managed to speak a bit and he would say "I want to go home.....I want to go home....." If we could have taken him home without his deteriorated condition, we would have in a heartbeat.....but how could we? Not only the fact that I'm working, but Mum isn't a young woman any more, no matter what her resolve to look after him would be, we also had to think about her health and care for her.....she'd nursed him through so much......three heart by-passes, a number of diabetic attacks, limb and back injuries, pneumonia, gout.....no, I could not have her go through that either. I think when he realised that when there was nothing further could be done for him, and that by the last week it would have been nigh-on impossible to move him to a hospice near our home......he just gave up. There was no more fight in him. In a way we are glad that he passed away in palliative care at Westmead Hospital, the staff were all so wonderful, so loving and gentle with him, they all said he was generally a good patient, although he did have his difficult moments. When he was first in, they all remarked that he was such a fighter, we looked at him and said "Yeah, ex-navy....he used to captain his boxing team on the ships, of course he was a fighter....always! And as stubborn as a mule too!" Well, when all of a sudden you see a very different man to the one you've known most of your life......it's an awful, awful feeling. But it was the end of a very full life he lead......that I'd have to do an entire online blog on, because it'd be way too much to list here what he had done and seen in his lifetime.

Thank you all for listening to me. It's been a long draining experience, taken it's toll mentally and emotionally (won't even list the problems popping up with my estranged sister.....again, another too long story). I'll be a bit flat chat.....forms to fill, people to notify, items for the funeral, sorting out things like pall bearers and who will read what......it's quite a mess of things. If you don't see me again for a while, please understand. I'm working doing my drum tuition, but the last thing on my mind right now after a day is to chat drums and so on.

Drumbledore
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

My sincere condolences to you and your family Drumbledore. I know this is a difficult time. I lost my father a few years ago to lung cancer and can relate to what you are going through mentally and emotionally.
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Drumbles; sorry to hear about this sad news. There's not much else to say other than some internet dudes on a forum actually are real people giving you a genuine and heart-felt understanding of your loss.

Thoughts are going out to you and your family at this time.

Acoustic & Electronic:
    Pearl Prestige World Series WLX 1988
    Tama Swingstar 1983
    Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive (Birch) 2007
    Ludwig Acrolite Snare 1976
    Ludwig Supraphonic 6.5x14" 2021
    Pearl Sensitone Elite Aluminum 5.5" and 6.5" Snare
    Pearl COB Custom Deluxe [Gladstone] (75-76) Snare
    Love Drum Co. Hammered Steel 5.5" Snare
    Roland TD-1KV

Paiste
    Accent 8"

Paiste Signature:
    6", 10" Splash
    14" Dark Crisp Hi-Hats
    14" Sound Edge Hi-Hats
    16", 17", 18",19", 20" Full Crash
    22" Symphonic Med-Heavy (use as a Ride)

Paiste Formula 602:
    22" Formula 602 Modern Essentials Ride

Paiste 2oo2:
    22" Ride
    16" Crash
    8",10" Splash

Paiste 2oo2 Big Beat:
    15" Hi-Hats
    19", 20", 21" Big Beat Multifunctional

Paiste Sound Formula:
    16" Crash
    20" Full Ride (Frankenstein)

Paiste Twenty:
    16" China

Paiste Alpha (original Swiss made):
    12" Splash

Paiste PST7:
    Medium
    16", 18" Crash
    20" Ride
    14" Hi-Hats

Sabian:
    XS20 18" China
    AA 14" Fusion Hi-Hats

User Info Menu

Sorry for your loss, my deepest condolences.

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    10, 12, 13, 14, 16 Suspended toms
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Tama Metalworks 6.5 x 14" Black Nickel snare
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

Michael, my heart goes out to you and your surviving family.

Anything you need, reach out brother.

We are here.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

My condolences for your tragic loss, I hope you and your family are coping.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Michael for taking time from you busy schedule dealing with your dad's death etc. When you are back to normal please come back and visit us cause we do miss you around here mate.
    Also thanks to Markadiddle for informing us about Michael. Without you Mark we would not know. Thanks we appreciate it.

User Info Menu

Michael,

Though I don't know you personally, I know what it is like to lose someone close to you, and a parent has to be the most difficult. I lost my mom less than 2 years ago, and it is still hard. My heart goes out to you and your family. My deepest sympathy.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Drumbledore, I fully understand what you and the family are going thru as I lost my mother to cancer and then lost my father 13 months later. I have two brothers and a sister and only my youngest brother would help me take care of daddy that las 13 months. You really can find out how crappy some people can be in those times.

I will be paying for you and your family and please know that God will give you the strength to get through all this stuff. Somedays you just feel as through you can't go on, but at those times you stop and think about all the family and friends that are there to support you.

Take care and may God Bless you and your family,

JIm
    Take care and seeya!

Jim